Healthy homemade gingerbread flavoured granola, perfect for breakfast during the festive period. It’s so easy to make, and so much better than store bought granola! This granola is vegan, and naturally gluten-free.
I’m so obsessed with this vegan gingerbread granola. I made it last week, and it was gone in literally 2 days! My partner and I have been enjoying it for breakfast with oat milk and fruits and it’s just SO good!
You will love this vegan granola because it’s very healthy, so easy to make, and it will make your whole house smell like Christmas! I added gingerbread spices to the granola, seeds, nuts and dried fruits. Drizzle with maple syrup and coconut oil, then bake in the oven until crunchy clusters form.
HOW TO MAKE GINGERBREAD GRANOLA
I like to use rolled oats (old fashioned oats) to make this granola. I know that some people use quick oats, but when I tried quick oats it resulted in dusty granola with a weird texture.
Rolled oats (old fashioned oats in the UK) are big in size, and are perfect for making granola. It helps create crunchy clusters of granola that you will really like.
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN GRANOLA CLUSTERS
If you like little crunchy granola clusters, then add maple syrup, coconut oil and press the mixture down before baking. This will help these lovely clumps form and give a nice texture to your granola. You also need to make sure that the baking tray that you’re using is not too big, as you will need a nice layer of the granola mixture in order for these clusters to form.
TIPS TO MAKE PERFECTLY CRUNCHY VEGAN GRANOLA
- If you’re not on an oil free diet, then don’t omit the fat! Omitting the oil will result in really dry granola that you’re not going to like. I normally use coconut oil and love the result, but you could also use olive oil if you prefer.
- Always add dried fruits after you bake the granola. I made this mistake before, and added goji berries before baking the granola. I ended up with burnt and bitter goji berries that ruined the taste of the granola. Also think of how long each ingredients need to be baked, if you’re using delicate nuts like pecans then add them halfway through the cooking. Using coconut flakes? Add them in the last 7 minutes of baking.
- The granola will starting hardening as it cools down, so don’t worry if it feels soft when the granola is still warm. However, if the granola does not harden then bake for 10 more minutes.
WHAT TO SERVE THIS VEGAN GRANOLA WITH?
I like to have this granola with plant milk. My favourite is oat milk but almond milk tastes great as well and cashew milk is also amazing! The milk becomes so flavourful because of all the spices used, and that’s my favourite thing about this Christmas granola.
I also like to have my granola with soy yogurt, and sliced dried fruits.
If you make this vegan granola using my recipe, please don’t forget to rate this recipe and share a picture on social media. Tag #LittleSunnyKitchen in your posts as I would really love to see what you make! Thank you for supporting Little Sunny Kitchen, so I can keep sharing my tasty recipes with you for free.
Vegan Christmas Granola
Homemade gingerbread granola, perfect for breakfast during the festive period.
- 2 cups (180 grams) Old fashioned oats (rolled oats)
- 1/2 cup (50 grams) Almonds
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 4 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1/4 (50 grams) Coconut oil
- 1/2 cup (60 grams) Dried cranberries
Preheat oven to 160c (320f). And line a baking tray with parchment paper.
In a mixing bowl, mix the oats with almonds, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, chia seeds. Then in a small bowl, combine maple syrup with coconut oil and melt the coconut oil in the microwave if necessary.
Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients, add the spices, give the mixture a good mix then spread on the baking tray.
Press the mixture down, and bake for 20 minutes. Give the mixture a mix and gently press it down with a spoon, then bake for 20 more minutes.
When the granola is ready, mix in dried cranberries and let it cool down completely. Store in airtight containers or jars for up to 6 months.