Super creamy dragon fruit and berry smoothie bowl that is ready in just 5 minutes!
Don’t you just love it when food not just tastes great, but also looks beautiful? I love smoothie bowls, they’re healthy, delicious, packed with antioxidants and come in gorgeous colours! And the best part? They take just 5 minutes to whip up!
Dragon Fruit Smoothie Bowl Recipe
Dragon fruit or pitaya smoothie bowl makes a wonderful breakfast bowl that’s packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. To be honest, dragon fruit doesn’t taste like much. It has a very mild flavour, but I love the gorgeous hot pink colour of this fruit.
Did you know that dragon fruit is a cactus fruit?
For the smoothie bowl base, I always use frozen bananas. Bananas are naturally sweet, and they give the smoothie bowl a lovely creamy texture. I also like adding frozen berries to my dragon fruit smoothie bowl. The berries have so many health benefits and give a lovely tangy taste to the smoothie. In the summer I use fresh berries, but during winter I always go for frozen berries instead.
To make my smoothie bowl extra healthy, filling and special; I added a tablespoon of creamy almond butter, a dash of coconut milk and some oats.
The almond butter gives the smoothie a lovely flavour, so please don’t skip this part. And the oats are great for making the smoothie extra thick and filling.
Dragon Fruit Smoothie Bowl Ingredients
- Dragon fruit (fresh or frozen)
- Frozen banana
- Frozen berries
- Plant milk (I used coconut milk, but you could also use almond milk, coconut water or just water)
- Almond butter
To make this smoothie bowl extra creamy, you will need a powerful blender that can create a creamy texture.
Simply place all of the ingredients in your blender, and blend until you get a creamy smoothie.
- Blend slowly.
- Don’t add too much liquid at once. I recommend adding a dash of liquid, blend, then see if more is needed.
- Using frozen banana results in a thicker and creamier texture. If using a fresh banana, use less liquid.
This smoothie bowl is healthy, naturally sweet, vibrant, easy and quick to make, and delicious!
- 1 dragon fruit fresh or frozen
- 2 bananas frozen
- ½ cup (50g) mixed berries frozen
- 2 tablespoons quick oats
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- fresh fruit
- chia seeds
- desiccated coconut
- puffed quinoa
- mint leaves
- nut butter
- Place all of the ingredients in your blender, and blend until you get a creamy smoothie.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
© Little Sunny Kitchen