These Air Fryer vegetables are a quick and easy side that you can make with any vegetables you have on hand. Air Frying vegetables is much quicker than using the oven, and you end up with a healthy and delicious side dish.
Air frying vegetables is an absolute breeze, and probably my favorite way of cooking veggies. I love roasting my vegetables in the oven, but air frying is an even quicker method that I use all the time (you know how much I love my Air Fryer!). These roasted vegetables are the best side dish for steak or any other meats you can think of!
Pair Air Fryer Vegetables with Air Fryer Steak, easy Air Fryer Salmon, or Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Breast!
They’re also perfect for meal prep, because you can make them in advance and reheat later.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Quick and Easy. Prep your veggies, season, and air fry! All done in just 15 minutes from start to finish.
- Less Oil. When you air fry something, you typically use much less oil than other cooking methods.
- Use any Vegetable. This recipe works for almost any vegetable you can think of! I use whatever I have on hand, and turn that into a delicious side.
Here’s what you need to make this:
Complete list of ingredients and amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
- Vegetables: In this recipe, I used mushrooms, zucchini, red bell pepper, cauliflower and red onion. But as I said, this recipe is very versatile and you can use other things like broccoli, sweet potatoes cut up small, butternut squash, beets, carrots, brussels sprouts, asparagus, tomatoes, or even frozen vegetables.
- Olive oil: While you can use different oils like canola, sunflower, or avocado oil. I personally love using olive oil because of the delicious flavor that it adds to the roasted vegetables.
- Seasonings: I like to add minced garlic for flavor, dried or fresh herbs, salt and pepper. You can also season with Italian seasoning, or taco seasoning for extra flavor.
How To Make Air Fryer Vegetables
- Prep and Season. Cut your vegetables in bite sized pieces, if you’re using firm vegetables like beets, sweet potatoes, or carrot then make them a little smaller. In a large bowl, toss the veggies with olive oil and seasonings of choice.
- Preheat. Preheat your Air Fryer for 5 minutes.
- Air Fry. Place your seasoned vegetables in the Air Fryer in a single layer, and Air Fry as per recipe below until cooked through and slightly charred.
Do not add oil to the vegetables while in the Air Fryer basket. Always toss in oil and season in a bowl, and then transfer to the Air Fryer. Pouring oil onto the vegetables in the basket won’t coat them well and you’ll end up with puddles of oil at the bottom of the Air Fryer basket.
Recommend Air Fryer & Accessories
The Air Fryer that I use, love, and always recommend is the Cosori Air Fryer. It’s an Air Fryer that I’ve been using for quite a while now, comes with a large square basket which means that I can fit lots of food, and it’s a powerful gadget that you will enjoy using.
I also really like using these Air Fryer Parchment Paper Liners that perfectly fit in my Cosori, they make clean up so easy!
This Air Fryer Magnetic Cheat Sheet is very handy, it contains cooking time and temperature to cook 66 most common ingredients which I find very useful.
- Frozen vegetables are great to use. Air fry frozen veggies straight from the freezer for a quick side dish, see my notes on this below.
- Don’t overcrowd your Air Fryer basket! When you Air Fry, make sure that the vegetables don’t touch each other too much so they get crispy instead of steaming.
Air frying vegetables means using less oil compared to frying and even roasting, so generally speaking yes, air fryer vegetables are healthy.
You definitely can! The purpose of the air fryer is to cook raw or partially cooked food. Find all of my Air Fryer Recipes here.
Cooking From Frozen
You can also Air Fry frozen vegetables, but you have to keep in mind that they won’t turn out as crisp as if you were cooking fresh vegetables.
I recommend following the same method of air frying that I use to make Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings, you’ll just have to adjust the cooking time. Basically, cook frozen vegetables for 7-8 minutes, then spray with oil and sprinkle with seasonings then air fry for 10 more minutes or until the vegetables are tender and crisp!
Save this recipe for the next time you want to make a quick and easy side dish that is healthy and tastes great. Pin it for more people to enjoy too!
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest!
Air Fryer Vegetables
- ½ cup bell pepper chopped
- ½ cup zucchini sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms halved
- ½ cup cauliflower cut into small florets
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the Air Fryer at 350°F/180°C for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl toss the vegetables with oil and seasonings you're using.
- Place your seasoned vegetables in the Air Fryer in a single layer, and air fry for 10 minutes or under tender and crispy flipping halfway through.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
© Little Sunny Kitchen
Leave a Review!