Air Fryer Steak is the easiest dinner to make! You only need 4 ingredients for this juicy ribeye steak in the air fryer that’s ready in just 15 minutes. Add a little garlic herb butter for the best weeknight meal.
I’m determined not to use my oven this summer, which means I’m getting cozy with my air fryer! If you’ve never made Air Fryer Steaks, you’re in for a treat. You can get that same juicy steak with a crunchy exterior without a grill and just a little oil, salt, and pepper.
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
- This simple steak recipe is so full of flavor with almost no effort! Let the beef be the star with a simple seasoning and no marinating time.
- If you’re looking for an easy recipe that’s ready in less than 20 minutes, this is it! There’s no spice rub to make or complicated directions here.
- Skip the restaurant for your next date night with this buttery steak that’s just like a steakhouse for way less!
Complete list of ingredients and amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
- Beef steaks: I usually use about 1-inch thick ribeyes for this recipe, but any steak will do! If using a different cut of beef, be sure to check the internal temp for your perfect doneness.
- Olive oil: Oil is one of the most important ingredients in this air fried steak recipe! It helps keep the seasonings on the steak, and it helps the ribeye not stick to the air fryer basket.
- Salt and pepper: I keep my steak seasonings simple with a generous pinch of salt and pepper. You can always add your favorite steak rub if you want, too.
How to Make Steaks in the Air Fryer
Follow these steps for the best air fryer steaks:
For the most perfect steak, leave the steaks on the counter while you prep. This helps them cook more evenly and avoid that cold center!
- Preheat air fryer. First, prep all your ingredients and preheat the air fryer to 400°F/200°C. If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheat button, simply run it for a few minutes. I also like to let my steaks sit at room temperature for a more even cook.
- Season steaks. Then, cover the steaks in olive oil on all sides and season with salt and pepper.
- Air fry steaks. When the air fryer is preheated, put the steaks in the basket and air fry for about 12 minutes, flipping halfway through cook time for a medium steak.
- Rest and serve. Once the steaks are cooked to your perfect doneness, let them rest a few minutes before serving. Top with a pat of garlic herb butter for the most delicious air fryer steak!
Tips and Tricks
If you’re new to making steaks in the air fryer, here’s some tips to nail it every time:
- Bring steaks to room temperature. This may sound dangerous, but it helps the steaks cook faster in the center! When you’re prepping dinner, take out your steaks and let them sit on the counter for about 20 minutes to half an hour.
- Add more flavor. This is a super simple steak recipe that is perfectly juicy and flavorful every time. However, if you want more flavor, use a marinade or more garlic and herbs! I’ve also used compound butter for even more buttery flavor, too.
- Make it for meal prep. This steak recipe is so quick and easy to use for your weekly meal prep! You can add steak to salads, tacos, veggie bowls, and so much more. Luckily, it will last all week in the fridge.
Air Fryer Steak Cooking Chart
Here’s a list of steak temperatures to aim for:
- Rare: 120 to 130 degrees F or 49 to 54 degrees C
- Medium Rare: 130 to 135 degrees F or 54 to 57 degrees C
- Medium: 135 to 145 degrees F or 57 to 63 degrees C
- Medium Well: 145 to 155 degrees F or 63 to 68 degrees C
- Well Done: 155+ degrees F or 68+ degrees C
The USDA recommends cooking steaks to at least 145 degrees F for safety.
Frequently Asked Questions
Cooking a steak in the air fryer is faster than grilled steaks! For a medium rare steak, you want to air fry it for about 10 minutes. Keep in mind: Steak temps will rise about 5 degrees while resting.
Absolutely! Always oil your raw meat or veggies to keep them from sticking to the air fryer tray or basket. Also, be sure to clean the basket when you’re done to keep everything sanitary for the next meal.
Everything’s better with a little butter, and steak is no exception! I like to add a little garlic herb butter to all my steaks, whether I make them in the cast iron skillet, on the grill, or in the air fryer! It adds a little extra richness to the meat and can help soften an extra charred exterior.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Steak
Enjoy it for date night with a glass of red wine and Oreo Tiramisu.
Store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days. You can pre-slice leftover air fried steak for your meal prep lunches or salads, too!
Other Easy Air Fryer Recipes I Love
- Air Fryer Chicken and Potatoes
- Nashville Hot Chicken in an Air Fryer
- The Juiciest Air Fryer Hamburgers
- Air Fryer Chicken and Broccoli
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
Now that you’ve mastered steaks in the air fryer, you can make anything! I love my newest kitchen appliance that’s quickly become a staple. Make sure to Pin this recipe so more people can enjoy it too!
- 1-2 thick cut beef steaks 1 to 1½ inches thick – (use Ribeye, T bone, NY strip, Sirloin steak)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F/200°C.
- Coat the steaks in olive oil, and generously season with salt and pepper.
- Air Fry for 6 minutes, flip, and air fry for 6 more minutes for medium.
- Let the steak rest for 10 minutes before serving. Top with a piece of butter, and serve.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
© Little Sunny Kitchen