Strawberry waffles are light and crispy waffles with real strawberry pieces. Topped with homemade strawberry sauce, powdered sugar, whipped cream, and fresh strawberry slices! This is the perfect treat for breakfast or Sunday brunch!
Skip the freezer aisle or the waffle house on a weekend and make fresh Strawberry Waffles from scratch. They’re SO easy to make and taste much better than store-bought waffles! Follow this simple recipe to make the perfect sweet and tasty breakfast or brunch for your family.
If you enjoy waffles, and strawberries are one of your favorite fruits, you will love this recipe for Strawberry Waffles. They are easy to make with simple ingredients that you can easily find at your local grocery store, including fresh diced strawberries, vanilla extract, and all-purpose flour. You may already have all or most of these ingredients in your pantry already.
My nieces and nephews love waffles so they are made fairly often at our house. They like all kinds of waffles but their favorite is strawberry waffles. They are perfect for breakfast, brunch or even breakfast for dinner! And I have to say, even the adults go crazy for these easy strawberry waffles.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- The waffles contain fresh pieces of strawberries. You do not have to worry about any artificial ingredients!
- It does not take long to make these waffles. Once you mix your ingredients, you can add them right onto your waffle iron. They will be ready for you to eat in no time.
- You can serve the waffles with a side of syrup or homemade strawberry syrup, fresh sliced fruit, or even whipped cream! They are also great plain with nothing on them but a slab of butter.
You will only need a handful of ingredients to prepare the Strawberry Waffles from scratch. The ingredients needed include:
- All-Purpose Flour. Start with the flour as the base for your waffle batter.
- Pure Vanilla Extract. Add pure vanilla extract to the mixture to give your waffles a sweeter taste.
- Sugar. The added sugar enhances the flavor of these homemade waffles.
- Baking Powder. Make sure your waffles cook perfectly and rise well by adding baking powder to the mix.
- Strawberries. Dice your strawberries into small pieces before tossing them into the bowl with the other ingredients.
- Eggs. You just need 2 eggs for this easy strawberry waffle recipe. It helps bind the dry ingredients together.
- Milk. You can use regular whole milk or your favorite milk substitute.
- Butter. Use unsalted butter or omit the salt if you use salted.
How to Make the Strawberry Waffles
- Preheat your waffle iron to make sure it is ready for when you add your batter to it. While waiting for it to get hot, grab a large bowl and combine your eggs with melted butter, vanilla extract, and milk, whisking these ingredients together.
- Sift through your flour and combine it in a separate bowl with the sugar, baking powder, and salt before folding it into the bowl with the wet ingredients.
- Fold your strawberries into the mixture and set it off to the side.
- Open your waffle iron and coat it with cooking spray.
- Place your batter on the waffle iron, close it, and allow the waffles to cook until they become a bit crispy on the edges with a fluffy center.
- Serve them while they are hot with some of your favorite toppings, such as powdered sugar, whipped cream, or fresh strawberries. Or if you like, just drizzle some maple syrup over the waffles and serve.
Recipe Success Tips
- You can easily make these Strawberry Waffles by using all the right ingredients. Make sure to use fresh strawberries. They provide the best flavor and texture.
- Also, make sure your baking powder is fresh. If your waffles are flat, it could be old baking powder causing the issue.
- It is a good idea to stand close to the waffle iron to keep track of cooking time. If you lose track of time, you could end up burning the waffles. Some waffle makers come with a timing light, which is super handy.
Variations of Strawberry Waffles
You can leave the waffles as they are, or you can add more to them. You might want to include other fresh fruits in these waffles, such as blueberries and raspberries. You can also add mini chocolate chip morsels that will taste great with the strawberries.
FAQ for Strawberry Waffles
You can make my homemade strawberry sauce that tastes amazing with all different types of waffles. It requires just four simple ingredients. It’s the perfect addition to homemade strawberry waffles!
If you want to save some waffles for later, allow them to cool before storing them in a food storage bag and placing them in the freezer. You can reheat them in a toaster, toaster oven, air fryer, or microwave. See “storing tips” below.
While you can use frozen strawberries in this recipe, it is best to use fresh strawberries that you can easily chop into small pieces.
Fridge: Store leftover waffles in an airtight container for 2-3 days in the fridge.
Freezer: Arrange waffles on a sheet pan, and freeze until hard (about 2 hours). Then place in a Ziploc bag, and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Reheating: You can reheat the waffles from frozen or chilled in the microwave, oven, toaster, or air fryer. My favorite way to reheat waffles is in the toaster as they turn out crispy.
I don’t feel like I say this often enough, or that I could ever thank you enough. But THANK YOU for all of your support, for visiting my blog, commenting, and sharing my recipes with your friends and family. I am SO thankful for you!
If you make this recipe or any of my recipes, then don’t forget to rate it and leave a comment below. I would LOVE to hear about your experience and your comments just make my day!
I hope that you love every recipe that you make! – Diana x
Strawberry Waffles Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 and ½ cups milk
- ⅓ cup butter melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup strawberries
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a mixing bowl whisk eggs with milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Then add flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the strawberries.
- Coat the waffles irons with cooking spray, add enough batter to make waffles (depending on how much batter is needed for your waffle maker) and cook the waffles until cooked through and slightly crispy.
- Serve warm waffles with a sprinkle of powdered sugar, whipped cream, homemade strawberry sauce, and some sliced fresh strawberries.
- Fresh strawberries provide the best flavor and texture.
- Make sure your baking powder is fresh. If your waffles are flat, it could be old baking powder causing the issue.
- Stand close to the waffle iron to keep track of cooking time. If you lose track of time, you could end up burning the waffles.
- Store the leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for 2-3 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.