When I was little my Mum made these shortbread cookies, I used to really enjoy helping her press the dough using the cookie press. I also enjoyed choosing different shapes of the cookie press disks, two of them looked like flowers, one was a Christmas tree, another like an ornament, and there were 2 more that I never liked!
BEST SHORTBREAD COOKIE RECIPE
DECORATE YOUR SHORTBREAD COOKIES
TIPS ON HOW TO BAKE THE PERFECT SHORTBREAD COOKIES
- Preheat oven to 325°F/160°C, and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, beat the butter until smooth and creamy. Then add the flour and powdered sugar, and mix again at low speed until combined.
- Turn out the cookie dough on a lightly floured flat surface, and gently knead it so it comes together but be careful not to overwork it.
- Roll out the dough into ¼ inch thickness, and using a cookie cutter or a knife to create the desired shapes. Pierce with a fork.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until the cookie is set but not browned.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
© Little Sunny Kitchen