Easy and tasty shortbread cookies…
When I was little my Mum made these shortbread cookies, I used to really enjoy helping her press the dough using the cookie press. I also enjoyed choosing different shapes of the cookie press disks, two of them looked like flowers, one was a Christmas tree, another like an ornament, and there were 2 more that I never liked!
BEST SHORTBREAD COOKIE RECIPE
DECORATE YOUR SHORTBREAD COOKIES
TIPS ON HOW TO BAKE THE PERFECT SHORTBREAD COOKIES
- 1 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- M&M's or chocolate chips or jam
- Preheat oven to 220°.
- In a bowl mix all ingredients together.
- Take a handful of dough and roll it in the palm of your hands so it looks like a snake. Fill cookie press with dough.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Press down cookie handle and dough will come out. One you have pressed enough dough lift the cookie press up and you will see the cookie.
- Add M&M's or chocolate chips to the centre of the cookie and press it down. Or to add jam, put a little jam on the tip of the knife and put the jam in the centre of the cookie.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cookies become slightly browning. Let cool for 20 minutes and enjoy!