Spooky realistic wicked witch finger cookies!
Only 4 days are left until Halloween! And we have been having so much fun baking for this year’s Halloween! These wicked witch finger cookies are very easy to make, and they look very realistic too! My niece Sophie really enjoyed shaping and baking these cookies as well.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR WITCH FINGER COOKIES LOOK REALISTIC
We used almonds to make nails, rubbed in some ground cinnamon for the “dirty fingers” effect. And used food colouring to add some blood effect. You can also decorate with the help of some red jam (strawberry, raspberry…) by removing the almond after baking, adding a little bit of jam, and then sticking the almond back to the tip. It will give a creepy bloody effect!
If you make these spooky cookies following my recipe, please don’t forget to rate this recipe and share a picture on social media. Tag #LittleSunnyKitchen in your posts as I would really love to see what you make! Thank you for supporting Little Sunny Kitchen, so I can keep sharing my tasty recipes with you for free.
- 200 grams unsalted butter 2 sticks softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond essence
- 350 grams all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 100 grams halved almonds
- ground cinnamon optional
- red food colouring optional
- In a mixing bowl cream the butter until soft, then add the powdered sugar and mix for 3-4 more minutes using a stand mixer.
- Add egg, vanilla extract, baking powder, almond extract, and mix.
- Add in flour and salt and mix.
- Refrigerate batter for half an hour.
- Take out the batter in batches, create fingers shapes by rolling the dough in your hands, and use a knife to create wrinkles on the joints. Press a halved almond to the tip and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes on 160c degrees.
- When cookies are cooled down, decorate with ground cinnamon by rubbing it in the joints and around the nails. You can also decorate by adding some red food colouring or red jam.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
© Little Sunny Kitchen