Prawns, pasta, cherry tomatoes, homemade sauce and a kick of chilli! Real comfort food…
Prawn Linguine Pasta
Linguine is a form of pasta that is wider than spaghetti, but thinner than fettuccine. This Italian pasta is usually made with seafood or pesto and is usually available in flour and whole wheat versions . I like to cook linguine pasta with clams or prawns, so this recipe that I cooked, photographed and ate today as well is made with prawns (it was REALLY good so had to blog it right away!).
I like cooking this dish on busy days, as it takes less than 20 minutes to prepare and cook this meal. It’s one of these recipes where the end results looks like there was so much effort put into this, but in fact, it’s super easy and quick.
I really like cooking with prawns, they’re so easy to prepare (unless you have to peel them yourself!), they’re healthy and delicious. I tried calculating how much would this meal cost if you make it at home, and here are the numbers…
250 grams linguine pasta (£0.30)
1 tbsp butter (£0.06)
2 garlic cloves (£0.04)
1 red chilli (£0.10)
1/3 cup dry white wine (£0.40)
200 grams king prawns (£2)
10 cherry tomatoes (£0.30)
The total is £3.20 which works out as £1.60 ($2) per portion.
*Prices are calculated from one of UK supermarkets website, prices are approximate just to give you an idea.
This encourages me to cook home more often, as it means not only that I can save A LOT of money instead of eating out, but I also know what’s exactly in my food! Fresh home cooked food is the best, isn’t it?
I hope that you will give this recipe a try. If you make this prawn linguine pasta, please don’t forget to rate this recipe and share a picture on social media. Tag #LittleSunnyKitchen in your posts as I would really love to see your creations!
Prawn Linguine Pasta
This easy prawn linguine pasta is so easy to make and comes together in as little as 20 minutes.
- 250 grams linguine pasta
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 red chilli seeded and chopped OR 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 5 tbsp dry white wine
- 200 grams king prawns
- 10 cherry tomatoes halved
- salt and black pepper
- dried basil or rosemary leaves optional
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a frying pan and toss garlic with chilli until garlic is fragrant.
- Add white wine and cook until reduced by 1/3, about 1 minute.
- Add prawns, and cook for a few minutes while stirring regularly until they turn pink.
- Add cherry tomatoes, and cook for a couple of more minutes.
- Drain pasta, and toss in prawn mixture. Season with salt, black pepper, and rosemary or basil if using. Serve immediately.