The only thing better than homemade chocolate chip cookies is Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies! This easy recipe makes big, thick cookies packed with Oreos hidden inside among lots of chocolate chips.
I love baking with Oreos! With rich dark chocolate wafers and creamy centers, they are already one of the world’s most perfect foods. Turning them into new desserts just makes them more delicious.
When you’re done making these amazing Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies, I have lots more easy Oreo Desserts for you to try here.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Big, Thick Cookies– These cookies are pretty big since they use at least twice the amount of dough as a regular cookie would. Also, there’s an Oreo in the middle, so that helps! This recipe makes 12 extra large Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies.
- Easy Cookie Recipe– This delicious chocolate chip cookie recipe is perfect for holding its shape wrapped around Oreos, and it’s very easy to whip up. Check out the step by step instructions and images here for all the details.
- Any Occasion Favorite – Add these Oreo cookies to your Christmas cookie trays, or make them as a treat on a rainy day. No matter the occasion, these work.
Ingredients In Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
Here’s what you need to make these giant chocolate chip cookies with Oreos inside:
Complete list of ingredients and amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
- Flour, Baking Powder, and Salt: The basic dry ingredients in many cookie recipes are all here. These make up the bulk of the dough and give it a bit of flavor and rise.
- Butter and Sugar: You will cream these two together to get the cookie dough started. Use unsalted butter, and be sure that it’s softened to room temperature before you start.
- Eggs: This recipe calls for one whole egg plus an extra egg yolk. Let your eggs come to room temperature too, they mix in much easier that way.
- Vanilla Extract: a good quality pure vanilla extract is a must for delicious cookies.
- Oreos: Regular Oreo cookies are perfect here, but so are double stuffed, or any of the many flavors of Oreo cookies available at the store. Use your favorites.
How To Make Chocolate Chip Cookies With Oreos Inside
- Make The Cookie Dough: In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside. In a separate bowl, using a hand mixer beat the butter with the sugar until smooth and creamy. Add in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract, and mix again until smooth. Next, add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Finally, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop Dough: Divide the cookie dough into 24 evenly sized portions, and roll each with your hands to create smooth balls. Place the dough balls onto a lined baking sheet, and gently press to flatten slightly.
- Add Oreos: Add Oreos to 12 of the dough disks, then cover with the other 12 pieces of dough. Use your hands to gently form the dough around the Oreos, creating large stuffed cookie dough balls.
- Chill: Place the tray of cookie dough in the fridge for 30 minutes and preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Bake: Arrange the cookies onto two parchment-lined trays so that there are at least two inches between them. Bake for 14-16 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies start turning golden brown.
- Cool: Allow the chocolate chip cookies with Oreos to cool on the cookie sheets for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Be sure to seal the chocolate chip cookie dough all the way around the Oreos so that none of the Oreo is showing!
- Chilling is a Must: Baking cold cookie dough helps it to spread less in the oven. If these cookies spread too much they will lose their thick, filled centers, and we don’t want that.
- Contents May Be Hot: Resist the urge to eat one of these right out of the oven. The oreo centers will be very hot. Let them cool down a bit first, please!
- Try Other OREO Flavors: There are so many delicious Oreo varieties, and they are constantly adding new ones. Try mint Oreo, birthday cake Oreo, peanut butter Oreo, or toffee crunch Oreo inside these chocolate chip cookies!
- Add Different Chips: Peanut butter, white chocolate, or dark chocolate baking chips can be used instead of the typical semisweet morsels for a different variation. You could also stir in some crushed Oreo cookies with your chocolate chips!
These cookies should be kept in an airtight container in the fridge. Stored like this, they will stay fresh for about 4 days.
You can also freeze Oreo-stuffed cookies for up to two months.
I created this recipe using all white sugar to make things simple, but you can add some brown sugar for a deeper flavor if you like. I’d suggest using ¾ cup granulated sugar and ¼ cup brown sugar in place of the 1 cup of granulated sugar in the recipe. I don’t suggest using all brown sugar as the texture of the cookies will change.
You can use miniature chips in this recipe, in fact, you might even prefer them. Mini chips mean more chocolate in every bite! Along the same lines, you can also use other flavors of chips, like white chocolate or peanut butter chips, if you like.
You can make the chocolate chip cookie dough and refrigerate it for up to 3 days before baking it. You can also wrap the Oreos in the dough and then refrigerate the cookies at this stage for the same amount of time. The Oreos will soften more if you do this, but it shouldn’t affect much else.
Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies are going to be a new favorite for whoever you make them for! Make sure to save this recipe for the next time you want to create a doubly delicious treat.
- 2 ¾ cups (330g) all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks (2 cup, 225g) unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk at room temperature
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12 Oreo cookies any style or flavor
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or silpat mats.
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, using a hand mixer beat the butter with the sugar until smooth and creamy (2-3 minutes). Add in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract, and mix again until smooth.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined, then gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop out the cookie dough into 24 even balls, and place onto one of the lined baking sheets.
- Flatten the balls slightly with your fingers, then place an oreo over half of the dough pieces, and cover with the other pieces. Very carefully roll each sandwich into a smooth cookie dough ball with the Oreo in the center.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes and preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Make sure that the cookies are placed about 2 inches apart (you will likely need both trays, the cookies are big!), then bake for 14-16 minutes or until the edges start turning golden brown. Remove from the oven, and allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- The chilling step is very important, as it keeps your stuffed cookies from trying to spread too much in the oven.
- This recipe would be delicious with a mix of semisweet and white chocolate chips instead of just the regular chips. Mini Chocolate chips can also be used.
- Let the cookies cool before tasting them. The filling will be hot when these are fresh from the oven.
- To Store: Keep these cookies in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days, or freeze for up to two months.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
© Little Sunny Kitchen