This quick and easy SPAM Steak Sandwich is perfect for BBQs, picnics or a quick summer lunch or dinner!
As the grilling season is finally here, we have been experimenting with lots of new recipes and here’s one of our favorites! A super easy and quick grilled SPAM Steak Sandwich using delicious baguette bread, paired with the classic mayo-lettuce-tomato combo!
This fuss-free sandwich is great when you want something easy but delicious and filling, and this sandwich is loved by kids and adults alike. It can be made using a grill, or your old trusty frying pan.
To make the steak sandwich you will need:
- A 200 grams tub of SPAM Chopped Pork and Ham
- 1 sourdough baguette
- 1 tomato
- a few lettuce leaves
- red onion
How to Make a Grilled Steak Sandwich
If you’re using a grill, then lightly spray it with some oil.
If you’re using a frying pan, just add 1 tbsp of oil.
If you’re using a cast iron grill as I did for this recipe, lightly spray the steaks with oil.
Cut the SPAM Chopped Pork and Ham into thick slices before spraying them with oil. Then preheat the grill, and grill the steaks until they’re lightly browned and golden on both sides and you get these beautiful grilling marks.
Cut the baguette in half lengthwise, and rub it with garlic on both sides. Toast the baguette on the grill or in the oven for a few minutes.
Slice the onion into rings, and either add them raw to the sandwich or saute them on a frying pan. If you’re using a grill, you can put them on the grill for a few minutes until they start to brown.
Open the toasted baguette and spread the mayonnaise on both sides. If you want to jazz things up a little, mix in some sweet chili and sriracha sauce with the mayo and then spread it on the bread.
Lie the lettuce leaves over the mayo, followed by grilled SPAM Chopped Pork and Ham steaks, tomato slices, and onion rings.
Serve with coleslaw and cold ginger beer and enjoy!
- 200g can or tub of SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham cut into medium slices
- olive oil spray
- 1 sourdough baguette cut into 3
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 red onion sliced into rings
- 1 tomato sliced
- 3 lettuce leaves
- Lightly spray the SPAM® Steaks with olive oil, then place it on the grill until lightly golden both sides and you get beautiful grill marks
- Cut the baguette in half long-ways, rub each side with a little garlic and toast under a grill or on a BBQ
- Add a little oil into the pan and sauté the onion rings slowly until golden, or place on the grill
- Open the baguette and spread with the mayonnaise on both sides
- Lie the lettuce leaves followed by SPAM® Steaks along the length of the bread, then add the tomato slices and a layer of lightly browned onion rings.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
© Little Sunny Kitchen