Easy, quick and delicious sizzling SPAM® tacos topped with guacamole and a creamy cilantro lemon sauce. These tacos make a fun dinner that can be prepared in just 15 minutes.
I am so excited to be a part of the UK’s official SPAM® Appreciation Week, from 4 March to 11 March 2019, which is now in its 16thyear. Fans of the world’s most iconic meat will be finding out what SPAM®Brand can really mean as they Sizzle Pork And Mmm™!
SPAM® products are no longer seen as just a cupboard staple, they can be sliced, diced and sizzled in a pan or wok to create easy and tasty SPAMTASTIC™meals and snacks for all the family. During this week, fans will be sharing videos and pictures on social media to show off their creations and win many sizzling hot prizes! So keep an eye on the #SPAMsizzle hashtag.
There are sooo many quick and tasty sizzling recipes to make with SPAM® products in a wok or pan, you can make SPAMBURGERS™, SPAM®Fries, sizzling Fajitas or the traditional breakfast fry up. As for me, I decided to make tacos and top them with freshly made cilantro lemon sauce and guacamole.
Ready to make some delicious tacos? Let me show you how!
Easy SPAM® Tacos
First, let’s make the cilantro and lemon sauce.
You will need sour cream (or greek yogurt or mayo), a bunch of fresh cilantro leaves, garlic, lemon juice and salt & pepper to taste.
This recipe is sponsored by SPAM®
Whizz everything in a food processor, and that’s your cilantro lemon sauce ready.
To making the sizzling SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham. Add oil to a pan or a pot, then warmed through stir in the diced SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham (you can add taco seasoning if you wish), and fry until golden brown. Allow to cool.
Warm up your tortillas, then lay them flat and assemble your tacos. I’ve used mixed baby salad leaves as a base, then topped with sizzling taco seasoned SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham, guacamole, and cilantro lemon sauce.
Lay your sizzling tacos on a serving plate, and enjoy!
- 1 x 200g can SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham diced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil for frying
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
Cilantro lemon sauce
- 100 grams sour cream or greek yogurt or mayo
- 20 grams cilantro
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- salt & pepper to taste
- 6 tortillas
- 2 avocados mashed
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- To make the cilantro lemon sauce, whizz all of the ingredients in a good processor until smooth and creamy.
- To make simple guacamole, using a fork mash the avocados then stir in lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the oil into a large frying pan, when warmed through stir in the diced SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham (season with taco seasoning if desired) and fry until golden brown. Allow to cool.
- Warm up your tortillas, then lay them flat and assemble your tacos. I've used mixed baby salad leaves as a base, then topped with sizzling taco seasoned SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham, guacamole, and cilantro lemon sauce.
SPAM® CHOPPED PORK AND HAM
A very versatile ingredient, SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham is made from a minimum of 90% shoulder pork and leg ham. The 200g tub is currently available in the UK from Tesco and Asda while 200g and 340g cans are available from all major UK supermarkets.
SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham first appeared in the UK in 1941 during the war as an alternative to corned beef. It quickly became a very popular staple ingredient and could be found in every British kitchen.
More recipe ideas and information on the #SPAMsizzle competition can be found at www.spam-uk.com or social media channels @OfficialSPAMUK