Easy, quick and delicious sizzling SPAM tacos topped with an easy and creamy homemade cilantro lemon sauce, and fresh homemade guacamole. These simple tacos make a fun dinner that can be prepared in just 15 minutes, using staple ingredients.
Ready to make some delicious tacos? Let me show you how!
How to Make Spam Tacos
First, let’s make the cilantro and lemon sauce.
You will need sour cream (or Greek yogurt or mayo), a small bunch of fresh cilantro leaves, a clove of garlic, lemon or lime juice, and salt & pepper to taste.
Blend everything in a food processor or a blender until smooth and creamy, and that’s your cilantro lemon sauce ready!
To make the sizzling SPAM Chopped Pork and Ham, in a pan over medium heat, heat oil, and add the diced Spam. Season with homemade taco seasoning (store-bought is also fine!), and cook until golden brown about 2-3 minutes.
Remove from heat, and start assembling your tacos.
Warm up your flour tortillas in the microwave for about 15 seconds, that will help them become pliable with a nicer texture.
Lay the tortillas flat and assemble your tacos. I used mixed baby salad leaves as a base but you can do lettuce if that’s what you have, then top with taco seasoned SPAM Chopped Pork and Ham, cilantro lemon/lime sauce, and finally top with guacamole and some sour cream. I also like to finish off with a grind of freshly ground pepper.
Lay your sizzling tacos on a serving plate, and enjoy!
For the Cilantro lemon sauce:
- 100 grams sour cream or greek yogurt or mayo
- 20 grams cilantro
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or lime juice
- 1 clove garlic
- salt & pepper to taste
For the Spam:
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil or canola oil, for frying
- 1 x 200g can SPAM Chopped Pork and Ham diced
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 6 flour tortillas
- 2 avocado mashed
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- To make the cilantro lemon sauce, blend all of the ingredients in a good processor until smooth and creamy.
- To make simple guacamole, using a fork mash the avocados then stir in lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, add the diced SPAM Chopped Pork and Ham, and season with taco seasoning. Saute until golden brown, then remove from heat.
- Warm up your tortillas in the microwave for 15 seconds, then lay them flat and assemble your tacos. I've used mixed baby salad leaves as a base, then topped with sizzling taco seasoned SPAM Chopped Pork and Ham, guacamole, and cilantro lemon sauce.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
© Little Sunny Kitchen