A grilled melty peanut butter marshmallow sandwich with bananas! Now imagine taking a bite!
This sandwich is just irresistible! The bread is golden and crunchy, the peanut butter and the fluff are melty, and the bananas only make this sandwich perfect! Plus, this sandwich reminds me of my childhood, in case you don’t know what a fluffernutter is, it’s a peanut butter and marshmallow fluff (or creme) sandwich made in toast! I even make Fluffernutter cakes at home because the combination is just divine!!
This week (8-14 May) is British sandwich week, which means that we get to celebrate with different kinds of yummy sandwiches everyday for a whole week! So I decided to share with you my favourite sweet sandwich recipe, because it’s seriously awesome and I don’t mind eating this for breakfast, and sometimes even for dessert!
Now let’s talk about peanut butter, because who doesn’t love peanut butter? It pairs very well with jelly, chocolate, marshmallow fluff, fresh fruits, and is great on its own. I remember SKIPPY® peanut butter ever since I was a little kid. We always had peanut butter in our cupboard, and my Mum often made sandwiches with this wonderful nutty spread and fruits for us for a midday snack.
Peanut butter is nutritious, filling, and a great healthy eating option. It has protein as well as potassium which lowers the risk of high blood pressure, strokes, and heart diseases. It also contains a lot of antioxidants, Vitamin E, fibre, and healthy fats.
How are you celebrating Sandwich week this year? I’m going to make a peanut butter and Jelly sandwich tomorrow for breakfast!
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest!
Banana Fluffernutter Sandwich
- 2 slices white toast
- 1 tablespoon butter softened
- 2 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons marshmallow creme
- ½ banana sliced
- Spread butter over toast (butter must be at room temperature), then spread a layer of peanut butter on the non-buttered side, followed by a layer of marshmallow fluff or creme.
- And finally add banana slices, and close the sandwich with another slice of bread.
- On medium heat, grill the sandwich in a grill pan for a couple of minutes or until bread is golden and crunchy.
- Serve immediately and enjoy the warm melty mess!
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
© Little Sunny Kitchen
Leave a Review!