The best ever beef stroganoff! This is my Mum’s recipe (and my Mum is Russian too!).
Beef Stroganoff – the ultimate comfort food! It’s one of these Russian classics that have been cooked in every Russian home for decades now. It’s basically pieces or strips of beef sauteed and served with a creamy sauce. The original recipe is very simple, and doesn’t come with onions or mushrooms. But with time, many variations of the recipe appeared including beef stroganoff served with rice or pasta.
The version that I’m sharing with you today is my Mum’s version. It comes with mushrooms and onions, cooked in beef bullion, and cream. We usually serve this dish with mashed potatoes (and that’s also my favourite way to eat it). But you can serve this with pasta or rice.
As we have been following EURO 2016 Championship this summer, and me being a fan of the Euro. Redmond Multicookers have challenged me along with other food bloggers to create recipes from countries that are playing in the Euros this year. I have previously done France, and made a Peach Clafoutis (this thing is amazing, give it a try!), and today I’m sharing a real lovely classic from Russia with you!
The Redmond Multicooker is a wonderful kitchen gadget that can basically do most of the cooking for you. It saves time, effort, space and money! And is a great investment for your kitchen. I use it to bake, make soups, pillafs, jams, yoghurts, drinks and what not! So I strongly recommend that you go on their website and order one for yourself!
With this post I’m entering the Redmond Euro challenge. There will be many exciting prizes to be won, so stay turned and follow Redmond’s Facebook page for more information!
Beef StroganoffPrint Pin Rate
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion
- 200 grams mushrooms
- 500 grams beef steak
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 beef stock cube
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- Start by slicing the onions, mushrooms, and the steak into strips.
- Heat the oil in the multicooker bowl, then add the onions and saute along with the mushrooms until soft and tender. Add the steak strips and saute until browned.
- Add water, beef stock cube, the bay leaf, salt and pepper. Choose the cook express program for 30 minutes, close the lid and let it cook.
- minutes before the cooking is done, add the heavy cream (at this point you can add uncooked pasta if you wish), give it a stir and close the lid. You can also add the cream along with all of the other ingredients, but I usually add it before the last 10 minutes.
- Let it cook for 10 more minutes.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, pasta or rice.
This post is in collaboration with Redmond. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Little Sunny Kitchen happen. All opinions are my own.