Easy baked BBQ chicken drumsticks served with delicious potato salad. This wonderful appetizer is a crowd pleaser! The chicken turns out so juicy and tender, you will love it!
Here’s another family favorite! Crunchy oven-baked chicken drumsticks with delicious BBQ glaze!
I recently shared an Air Fryer drumstick recipe as I really love my Air Fryer and use it all the time. And today I’ve decided to share my oven-baked drumstick recipe where the chicken is glazed with layers of tasty BBQ sauce.
Whether chicken legs are cooked in an Air Fryer, or an oven, the result is always delicious! So here’s my recipe:
Baked BBQ Chicken Drumsticks ingredients
You will need:
- Chicken drumsticks – as many as you would like to cook, or can fit in your Air Fryer. I have a large Air Fryer and can fit 4-6 drumsticks at once.
- Smoked paprika, chili powder, garlic granules, onion granules, ground black pepper, and salt.
- Vegetable oil.
- BBQ sauce (I used honey BBQ sauce).
How to bake BBQ chicken legs in the oven?
- First, you need to wash the drumsticks and season them. Place in a bowl, drizzle with oil and add your seasonings. Make sure that they’re well coated.
- Arrange on a baking tray, and bake at 200c (390f) for 20 minutes.
- Take them out of the oven, and glaze with BBQ sauce using a heat-proof brush. Put the traybake in the oven, and bake for 10 more minutes.
If you like extra BBQ glaze, then 5 minutes before the cooking time ends, open the oven door, brush with more BBQ sauce and bake.
How to check if the chicken is cooked through and safe to eat?
You can check the doneness of the chicken by using a fork and a knife and cutting through a small piece to see if the meat is well cooked.
You could also check using a kitchen thermometer. Insert the thermometer in the center of the chicken, and the internal temperature of the chicken should be read 165F or 75C.
If the chicken temperature hasn’t reached 165F, then cook for 2-3 more minutes.
Here’s a video to show you how I make these drumsticks in the Air Fryer
What to serve chicken drumsticks with?
- Air fryer baked potatoes
- Air fryer asparagus and mushrooms
- The best ever oven-baked fries
- Middle Eastern Batata Harra
- Cheesy mashed potato cakes
- Potato salad.
- Mashed potatoes.
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS
There are 5 WW freestyle points per Air Fryer chicken leg.
If you make this recipe, please don’t forget to rate it and share a picture on social media. Tag #LittleSunnyKitchen in your posts as I would really love to see what you make!
Thank you for supporting Little Sunny Kitchen, so I can keep sharing my family recipes with you for free.
Baked BBQ Chicken Drumsticks
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil I used rapeseed oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp chili powder use less if you don't like spicy food
- ½ tsp garlic granules
- ½ tsp onion granules
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp BBQ sauce
- Wash the drumsticks and season them. Place in a bowl, drizzle with oil and add your seasonings. Make sure that they're well coated. Spread on a baking tray.
- Pop in a preheated oven at 200c (390f) for 15 minutes, then open the oven and brush BBQ sauce over each drumstick.
- Bake for 10 more minutes, open again and brush more BBQ sauce and bake for 5 more minutes.
- There are 5 WW freestyle points per Air Fryer chicken leg without the BBQ sauce.