A super easy and quick 5 ingredient tomato soup!
Hey guys! I’m currently in Jordan relaxing at the Dead Sea and having a wonderful one week vacation, but thought I’d quickly share with you one of my all time favourite soups! This entree is very easy to make, and is ready in less than 20 minutes!
You only need 5 ingredients to make this, so this soup is made with minimal ingredients, it’s super healthy and good for you, and it’s low in calories too. If you want to make this soup creamier, of course you can add butter instead of olive oil, and cream instead of yoghurt, but if you don’t want the extra calories just stick to my version.
I garnish my soup with salt and ground black pepper, but you can also add fresh or dried basil leaves as it pairs very well with the tomatoes! I make most of my soups in my Thermocook as it makes my life much easier, to learn more about the Thermocook follow this link.
5 Ingredient Tomato Soup
- 6 ripe red tomatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- a pinch of salt and ground black pepper
- plain yoghurt optional
- In a medium pot add olive oil, and sauté garlic quickly.
- Add tomatoes to a blender and make a puree.
- Pour the tomatoes over the garlic, add the chicken stock and let it boil.
- Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 15 minutes, and salt and pepper.
- Serve warm and add a tbsp of plain yoghurt (or cream!) to your bowl of soup and enjoy!
- If you're using a Thermocook, add oil and garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Then add the tomatoes, chicken stock, garnish with salt and pepper, and choose "quick soup" for 15 minutes. Serve warm.
I’m a Froothie ambassador and this post contains affiliate links, which means that if you make a purchase through one of my links I will receive a small commission.