A super easy and quick 5 ingredient tomato soup!
Hey guys! I’m currently in Jordan relaxing at the Dead Sea and having a wonderful one week vacation, but thought I’d quickly share with you one of my all time favourite soups! This entree is very easy to make, and is ready in less than 20 minutes!
You only need 5 ingredients to make this, so this soup is made with minimal ingredients, it’s super healthy and good for you, and it’s low in calories too. If you want to make this soup creamier, of course you can add butter instead of olive oil, and cream instead of yoghurt, but if you don’t want the extra calories just stick to my version.
I garnish my soup with salt and ground black pepper, but you can also add fresh or dried basil leaves as it pairs very well with the tomatoes!
5 Ingredient Tomato SoupPrint Pin Rate
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 6 tomatoes fresh and diced
- 2 cups 500 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- salt and pepper
- In a medium pot heat oil, and sauté onion until soft and translucent. Add garlic and cook until it's fragrant for about 1 minute.
- Add flour, and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the tomatoes, and the vegetable stock. Simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
- Using a hand blender, blend the soup until smooth and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm with croutons.