A refreshing and sweet Indian mango lassi made vegan! All you need is 3 simple ingredients and a blender. Make this with your next homemade Indian inspired feast, or just have it as a guilt-free treat.
What is mango lassi?
Mango lassi is an Indian traditional yogurt-based drink made from ripe mango pulp, yogurt, spices, and water. Lassi can be made with other fruits and not just mangoes, but the mango version is probably the most popular one.
Mango lassi ingredients
You will need 4 simple ingredients.
- Coconut yogurt
- Ground cardamom (optional)
And if your mangoes are not sweet enough, then you can add a sweetener of your choice (sugar, stevia, maple syrup, honey if not vegan, etc).
How to make mango lassi?
To make mango lassi, you need a blender.
Place all of the ingredients in the blender jug and blitz until it’s smooth. If your mango lassi is too thick, just add a dash of water and blend again. Have a little taste and see if you need to add a sweetener.
Vegan Indian recipes
Indian cuisine is probably my favorite along with Thai cuisine. There are so many naturally vegan recipes that I keep making over and over again, and I find it really easy to veganise pretty much any recipe.
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS
There are 7 SmartPoints per portion on the WW freestyle plan.
More mango recipes
If you make this recipe, please don’t forget to rate it and share a picture on social media. Tag #LittleSunnyKitchen in your posts as I would really love to see what you make! Thank you for supporting Little Sunny Kitchen, so I can keep sharing my family recipes with you for free.
Vegan Mango Lassi
- 2 mangoes very ripe – peeled and chopped
- 1 cup 250 ml coconut yogurt or soy yogurt
- ½ cup 125 ml water
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom optional
- 2 tsp sugar optional
- In a blender, blend all of the ingredients together until smooth. If the lassi is too thick, just add a little bit water and blend again. If it's not sweet enough, add a sweetener and blend again.
- Use fresh or frozen mango.
- Omit the spices if you prefer.
- Use any type of plant-based yogurt.