Homemade pumpkin pie spice mix made with just 4 spices that you already have in your cupboard, in less than 5 minutes! Use in pies, cookies, drinks, and much more!
My favorite season is finally here, and I just made the largest batch of pumpkin spice to use in my bakes and cocktails! I love making my own homemade spice mixes, they’re so easy to make, I can control how much of each spice goes into the mix, and it saves me a lot of money.
A small jar of pumpkin pie spice will cost you about a dollar to make, while if you buy it from the store, it will cost you $4-5! So think about how much money you’re saving when you make your own spice blend at home.
What Is Pumpkin Pie Spice?
Pumpkin pie spice is an American spice blend that is commonly used to make pumpkin pie and pumpkin slab pie. The blend is normally made with cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. Sometimes allspice is added but that is optional.
To make this spice mix, you will need just 4 spices:
- Ground cinnamon (8 parts)
- Ground ginger (2 part)
- Ground nutmeg (1 part)
- Ground cloves (2 part)
This is really simple! All you have to do is
- Collect the ingredients, measure them out, combine in a bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Store in little jars until you’re ready to use.
For more homemade spice blends, check out:
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a bowl combine all of the spices, and stir until well combined.
- Store in an airtight container until you're ready to use it.
- You can easily double and triple this recipe, or make a larger batch.
- Store in small airtight glass jars.
- Feel free to add allspice if you like, you will need 1 tsp of allspice for every 4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
© Little Sunny Kitchen