Adorable gummy bear pool party Jello Shots will be a huge hit at your next summer party! These tasty alcoholic treats are super easy to make and fun to decorate.
These festive summer Jello shots are a must for your next pool party or outdoor gathering!
With spiked blue jello in individual cups, these Jello shots with vodka feature adorable gummy bears floating in peach ring inner tubes.
Making party shots? Be sure to take a look at my recipe for Chocolate Pudding Shots too!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- They are adorable!– You don’t have to add super cute gummy bears to your jello shots, but I highly recommend it. It makes these pool party jello shots so fun and different.
- Versatile Recipe – Most jello shot recipes follow this same basic formula, so feel free to switch the type of alcohol (try jello shots with tequila to really get the party started!) or the jello flavor if you like.
- Fun to Make– Take your time adding the gummy decorations, and get creative with other edible garnishes too. Pair these with bright Watermelon Cupcakes for a fun summer party spread.
Ingredients In Jello Shots
Here’s what you need to make these blue gummy bear jello shots:
Complete list of ingredients and amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
- Blue Gelatine Powder: Berry Blue Jello is the perfect color to look like a swimming pool, but any type of blue instant gelatin will work. Look for blue raspberry in a different brand if you can’t find the Jello Berry Blue.
- Vodka: I’m using Tito’s vodka to make jello shots here, but any brand can work. I suggest using higher-quality vodka to make jello shots since you will be able to taste it.
- Water: Put water on the stove to boil. Before adding the vodka to these shots we’ll use boiling water to dissolve the gelatin and sugar in the Jello powder.
- Gummy Bears: Use your favorites, in any colors that you like! You’ll need about 32 of them to add a swimmer to each little pool.
- Peach Rings: Peachy rings are the perfect size to hold a gummy bear like a miniature pool float. You can find these in other flavors too like apple or watermelon.
- Jello Shot Cups: Look for plastic portion cups at your grocery store, or order them online.
How To Make Jello Shots
- Prepare: Place the plastic cups on a rimmed baking sheet, and avoid overlapping the rims. You want them to all be flat so that they are easy to decorate and enjoy. You should set up 32 cups, and have a few extra on hand in case you need them.
- Make Jello with Vodka: Empty the packets of JellO mix into a large heatproof measuring cup. Add two cups of boiling water and whisk until the jello powder is dissolved. Stir in two cups of vodka.
- Pour and Chill: Pour the mixture into the jello shot cups, filling each about ¾ of the way. Allow the jello shots to cool for a few minutes, so that they aren’t steaming, then cover with lids and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until completely set.
- Make Gummy Bear Garnishes: cut off the bottom ¼ of each bear and place them into a peach ring.
- Decorate and Serve: Just before serving, take the lids off of the Jello shots and place them on a platter. Top each with a gummy garnish. Add extras like cocktail umbrellas or graham cracker sand if you like.
Instead of vodka, try any type of clear alcohol in these, like tequila, rum, or flavored versions of any of these!
- Other Fun Details: Use crushed graham crackers to look like sand around your watery scene, or make beach towels out of chewy rainbow candy strips.
- Make it Simple: Feel free to skip the gummy garnishes. These jello shots will still be a hit without the extra decoration.
- Change the Flavor: Look for flavored vodkas from Smirnoff or Skyy to give your blue jello shots a unique twist.
- Reduce the Alcohol: To make these shots a bit weaker, reduce the amount of alcohol to just 1 cup, and replace the other cup with 1 cup of cold water or juice.
You can store jello shots (without the gummies on top) for up to 2 days. Be sure to keep them covered and refrigerated.
What To Serve With Jello Shots
Jello Shots are party food (or drinks?) and are perfect for all of your summer parties. Try some of these other summer party recipes:
The cups I used to make these are 2-ounce portion cups with lids. You can find these at grocery stores now, near the paper plates and plastic silverware. They are also easily found on Amazon, and you can get a lot of them at a low price!
There is vodka in these, so expect it to have an effect on your guests, and be sure to keep them away from children! Each of these jello shots has about 1/2 ounce of alcohol in it.
You can make jello shots up to two days ahead of time so long as they are covered and in the fridge. Add the gummy candy just before you serve them.
These summer Jello shots are so fun! They are the perfect party starter for your next get-together with friends. Be sure to Pin this recipe, everyone is going to want to know how to make these.
- Tiny cocktail umbrellas (optional)
- 2 3.5 ounce boxes berry blue gelatine mix
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups vodka
- 32 gummy bears
- 32 peach ring gummy candies
- rainbow chewy candy for "towels"
- graham cracker crumbs for "sand"
- Place at least 32 jello shot cups on two large rimmed sheet pans, making sure to not overlap the rims. You may have extra mix, so have a few extra cups handy just in case.
- Empty the packets of Jello mix into a large (4 cup) heat proof measuring cup. Add 2 cups of boiling water and whisk to dissolve the Jello. Whisk in 2 cups of vodka.
- Pour the mixture into the jello shot cups, filling each about ¾ of the way. Allow the jello shots to cool for a few minutes, so that they aren't steaming, then cover with lids and refridgerate for at least 3 hours or until completely set.
- Make gummy bear garnishes by slicing off the bottom ¼ of each bear and placing them into a peach ring.
- Just before serving, place the Jello shots on a platter and remove the lids. Top each shot with a gummy garnish. Add cocktail umbrellas, graham cracker crumb sand, or gummy candy towels if desired.
- You can taste the vodka in these jello shots, so be sure to use a vodka that you’d enjoy drinking. Lower quality vodka won’t be as good as a quality brand. Flavored vodka is a fun way to add a twist to these.
- Any brand of blue gelatin will work here. Look for Starburst Blue Raspberry instant gelatin.
- Keep jello shots refrigerated until ready to enjoy.
- The gummy candy will start to melt if you add it to the shots too soon. Wait until you’re about to serve the shots to add the garnish.
- Try using other clear alcohol like tequila or rum in place of vodka.
- Each Jello shot has about ½ ounce of alcohol in it. To make these less strong, replace half of the alcohol with 1 cup of cold water.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
© Little Sunny Kitchen