Air fryer pizza is a quick and simple way to enjoy hot and crispy pizza at home. These personal-sized pizzas are ready to serve in 15 and are so easy to customize with your favorite pizza toppings.
I know what you must thinking – pizza in an air fryer? Before I tried it myself, I thought the same thing and was sure that it wasn’t going to end well. Well, let me tell you, I was ecstatic with the results! The pizza crust came out so crispy and the cheese was melted so perfectly, that it quickly became one of my favorite ways to make pizza at home.
All you need is some pizza dough, sauce, and toppings and you’re in business. The air fryer cooks the crust to perfection and the whole thing comes out hot and fresh. The best part is that the personal size lets your family customize the pizzas with their own topping preferences. Your next pizza night just got a whole lot easier!
Check out my other pizza recipes for different flavor ideas you can use for inspiration when making your air fryer pizzas. I have Buffalo Chicken Pizza, BBQ Chicken Pizza, Chicken Alfredo Pizza, Pepperoni Pizza and Thai Chicken Pizza.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Quick Cooking. The air fryer cooks the pizza quickly, plus bonus points that you don’t have to turn on your oven. This is great in the summer when you don’t want to heat up your whole kitchen!
- Crispy Crust and Melted Cheese. Pizza crust in the air fryer turns out crispy on the outside and on the bottom, and light and fluffy on the inside and the cheese is perfectly melted.
This recipe is very simple to throw together. You can easily keep the ingredients on hand to enjoy air fry pizzas any night of the week! Here’s what you need to make pizza in the air fryer:
- Homemade pizza dough: The smell of homemade pizza dough just can’t be beat! Use my easy homemade pizza dough recipe, or make it in the bread machine if you have one! If you don’t have time to make your own, look for premade dough in the deli section of your local grocery store.
- Semolina or Cornmeal: This helps to ensure that the pizza dough doesn’t stick to your work surface as you stretch it and then transfer it to the air fryer.
- Pizza sauce: Use your favorite homemade recipe or if you’re looking for a short-cut, a store-bought brand would work too!
- Mozzarella: I used balls of buffalo mozzarella cut into slices. You can also use shredded mozzarella.
- Olive oil and fresh basil leaves: I kept the toppings simple, but you can get as creative as you like!
Complete list of ingredients and amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
How To Make Air Fryer Pizza
This is really a fuss-free way to make pizza at home. In just a few minutes you can be enjoying that crispy chewy crust and ooey gooey cheese. Delicious!
When it comes to air fryers, I cannot say enough good things about my Cosori XL air fryer with square basket! If you are looking to purchase your first one, or in the market for something new, this air fryer is hands down the way to go.
- Preheat. Line the air fryer basket with parchment air fryer liners and preheat to 350°F/180°C. I like to use parchment paper liners because they make for easy cleanup. You can also spray your basket with a non-stick spray that is safe for air fryers.
- Stretch the dough. Working with 4 dough balls, first sprinkle some semolina or cornmeal onto a clean cutting board or work surface. Roll or stretch the dough out into 4 personal size pizzas that can fit in your air fryer. Depending on the size of your air fryer basket, you could also opt to roll out 2 larger-sized pizzas.
- Transfer to air fryer basket. Carefully lift the dough off the cutting surface and place it gently into the basket. Top your dough with sauce, cheese, and a drizzle of olive oil. I like to brush oil over the edges of the dough to encourage browning.
- Air Fry. Place the basket into the air fryer and air fry for 10–12 minutes. Start checking it at around 8 minutes.
- Remove. Carefully remove the pizza from the air fryer basket and place it on a cutting board. I like to use this spatula turner for the job.
- Serve. Sprinkle over some chopped basil leaves before slicing the pizza to serve.
For general tips on using your air fryer, I recommend this handy air fryer magnetic cheat sheet. I refer to it all the time! I also have some helpful hints for making your air fry pizzas below.
- Assemble pizza in the air fryer basket. It’s so much easier to put the dough into the basket first before adding the sauce and toppings. When I first tried putting the topped pizza into the basket, it was a disaster! Learn from my mistake and always add the toppings after the dough is in place!
- Add herbs after the pizza has cooked. The fan in the air fryer can blow herbs around because they are so light. Your best bet is to just add them once the pizza has cooked.
- Thin or thick crust. If you prefer a thinner crust, roll your dough out a bit more. Make sure to start checking for doneness at around 8 minutes. If you like your pizza crust to be a bit thicker, you might need to add on an extra minute or two to your cooking time.
- Add flavor to your crust. To add an extra hit of flavor to your crust, brush the edges with olive oil and sprinkle on some garlic salt or Italian herbs.
Other toppings ideas
I kept the toppings simple for this recipe, but you can add your favorites when making your pizzas! Here are some other options:
- Swap pizza sauce for BBQ sauce or pesto sauce.
- Add chicken, pepperoni, or crumbled sausage.
- Layer on some sliced red onion or green peppers.
- Add some goat cheese or feta cheese.
- Top with olives or artichoke hearts.
When I make these pizzas at home, we rarely have leftovers! If you do have some, store them in the fridge in a zip-top bag or airtight container for 2–3 days.
To reheat pizzas in the air fryer, put them back into the air fryer basket at 350°F/180°C and heat for 2–3 minutes. Your crust will be deliciously crispy once again!
I like to serve these pizzas immediately when I make them, so the crust stays nice and crispy. If you want to make them ahead, you can, but I would still suggest reheating them in the air fryer for 2–3 minutes.
Yes, you can, but it isn’t necessary! To pre-cook the crust put it in the air fryer and fry for 4–5 minutes before adding the sauce and toppings and frying for another 4–5 minutes.
Sure! You can use flatbread, tortillas, or pita as your base, then all you have to do is air fry the toppings. Place the base into the air fryer basket, add your toppings, and fry for 4–5 minutes.
Now that you’ve witnessed air fryer magic, save and share this air fryer pizza recipe for others to enjoy. Pizza Fridays just got a lot more fun! Pin it for more people to enjoy too!
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest!
Air Fryer Pizza
- 1 pound (450 grams) homemade pizza dough or store bought
- Semolina or Cornmeal cornflour in the UK, to stretch the dough
- 1 cup (225 grams) pizza sauce homemade or store bought
- 2 balls (2 250-gram balls) buffalo mozzarella sliced, or 2-3 cups shredded mozzarella
- Olive oil
- Fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 350°F/180°C, and line the basket with parchment Air Fryer Liners, or spray with non stick spray that is safe for air fryers.
- Divide the dough into 4 balls (or 2 if making larger pizzas, but this depends on the size of your air fryer basket), then with the help of semolina or cornmeal roll out the dough into personal size pizzas that can fit your air fryer basket (it should be about ½ inch thick), or 2 larger ones.
- Place the dough into the air fryer, then while it’s in the air fryer top with pizza sauce, cheese, and drizzle with olive oil (I like the brush the edges for nice browning). You can also season with cracked black pepper, and any desired toppings like parmesan, pepperoni, chicken, etc
- Place the basket back in the Air Fryer, and air fry for 10-12 minutes. Every Air Fryer is different so start checking at 8 minutes.
- Carefully remove from the Air Fryer basket, top with chopped basil leaves, slice and serve.
- Store the leftovers in the fridge in a zip top bag or airtight container for 2–3 days.
- To reheat pizzas in the air fryer, put them back into the air fryer basket at 350°F/180°C and heat for 2–3 minutes.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
© Little Sunny Kitchen
Leave a Review!