This is by far the most delicious cheesecake that I ever had!! Seriously this is The king of all cheesecakes!
You will love the smooth and rich creamy texture, it’s not too sweet and very very satisfying. I started making this cheesecake in 2013, and since then I never bought an over-priced cheesecake from a cake shop ever again! I’m a huge fan of New York style cheesecakes, and I always thought that baking a perfect cheesecake is just way too difficult, until I learned how to bake my own, and found out that it’s much simpler than anyone would ever imagine. And to be honest I’m never spending a lot of money on a cheesecake again, I prefer to bake my own at home 🙂
For the crust
- 1 ½ cups graham crackers crushed
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the filling
- 4 8-ounce blocks cream cheese 600 grams in total, at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream 160 grams
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 9 inch springform pan
- Preheat oven to 220°. and grease a 9-inch springform pan (grease the sides of the pan as well)
- In a medium bowl mix graham crackers with melted butter and cinnamon. Press into pan.
- In another bowl mix powdered sugar with cream cheese and milk using a spoon until smooth, and then mix in the eggs one at a time but do not over mix. Mix in milk, sour cream, vanilla and flour until smooth.
- Pour filling into prepared crust.
- Wrap your pan in 2 layers of aluminium foil and place in a water bath (a bigger pan with 1 inch of water in it) then place in preheated oven.
- Bake for 60 minutes, turn the oven off and let the cake cool with door closed for 1-2 hours.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving (Recommended 6 hours).
- Top with your favourite topping (I used cherry pie filling and canned fruits).
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
© Little Sunny Kitchen