To your blender jug, add frozen berries, banana, yogurt, oats, and liquid of choice. Blend until smooth, add more liquid if needed and blend again.
Taste the smoothie, add as much honey as you'd like, and quickly blend again.
Pour into glasses and garnish with fresh berries if desired.
- For the liquid, I used coconut milk from a carton (not the canned stuff), but you can use any type of milk, coconut water, plain water, apple juice or grape juice (if you use sweet juice, I recommend that you skip the honey).
- Omega 3: Throw in a tablespoon of flax seed or chia seed if you're using a high powdered blender for some added omega 3.
- Add Some Greens: Add fresh or frozen spinach or kale to the smoothie for more nutrients.
- Don't make it too sweet! If your liquid of choice is apple or grape juice, I recommend that you skip the honey.
- Make a PBJ smoothie, and add a couple of tablespoons of creamy peanut butter (or almond butter) before blending.
- Add More Fruit, and throw in some frozen pineapple or mango for a tropical spin on the smoothie.
- Frozen Fruit: If you have a frozen banana, that would also work here.
- More Flavor Options: Go crazy with your smoothie, you can add some pure vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, or anything else that you love and pairs well with the berry flavor.
Calories: 281kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 98mg | Potassium: 609mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 32g | Vitamin A: 559IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 292mg | Iron: 1mg