Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli
Easy 8-ingredient Instant Pot beef and broccoli that is ready in under 20 minutes from start to finish.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic grated or minced
- 1 tbsp ginger grated
- 12 oz (340 grams) flank beef steak sliced into strips or cubed
- 14 oz (400 grams) broccoli steamed
For the sauce
- ½ cup soy sauce low sodium (for gluten free, use tamari sauce instead)
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ½ cup water or beef stock
For the slurry and garnish
- 1 tbsp cornstarch for the slurry (add 1 tbsp of water and mix it with the corn starch before adding to the sauce) - you might need more if your sauce isn't thick enough.
- 1 tsp sesame seeds to garnish (optional)
On saute mode (for 10 minutes), heat olive oil in the pot. Saute the garlic and ginger for a minute, then add the beef. Brown the beef, then add the sauce ingredients and give them a stir.
Cover with the lid, and make sure that the Instant Pot vent is in sealing position.
Press on "manual" or "pressure cook", set on high pressure, and cook for 8 minutes. Let the Instant Pot come to pressure, then it will stop cooking and will beep. Quickly release the steam and carefully open the lid.
Click on "saute" for 2 minutes, and add the slurry to the pot. Mix it with the sauce, and the sauce will be thickened. If it's not thick enough, then add one more cornstarch with water mixed together before adding to the pot. Stir in the cooked broccoli and serve over rice. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
*We made a small quantity for this post, but you can easily double or triple the amount of the ingredients. The cooking time remains the same.
* For more flavor, add 1 tsp of oyster sauce to the sauce.
Calories: 480kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 104mg | Sodium: 2316mg | Potassium: 1183mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1260IU | Vitamin C: 178.4mg | Calcium: 121mg | Iron: 5.3mg