Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Spread the broken ramen noodles, sesame seeds, and sliced almonds on a rimmed baking sheet, and toast for 6 minutes flipping halfway through. Remove from the oven, and allow to cool completely.
Make the salad dressing by combining all of the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk well, or combine in a jar and shake it until well combined.
Assemble the salad in a large mixing bowl, dress with the salad dressing and toss well until everything is well coated. Add the crunchy noodles and almonds and toss right before serving.
- Toasting the ramen noodles beforehand is a completely optional step, however, it does give a great layer of flavor to the salad that makes it taste even better.
- If you prefer not to use an oven, you can toast the noodles in a skillet.
- The dressing can be made 2-3 days ahead of time if it’s stored in an airtight container or jar with a lid and properly sealed. Shake or whisk up before using.
- Do not make the mistake of using the ramen noodle seasoning packet or it will throw off the natural flavors in this salad.
- Although leftovers will last about 24 hours, this salad is best consumed immediately for the best flavor and texture.
- Store any leftover salad in the fridge for 1-2 days in an airtight container. It’s best to keep the salad separate from the dressing if possible to avoid the crunchy vegetables from wilting.
- If making ahead, store the dressing and the toasted noodles separate from the salad. Combine everything right before serving. This way everything will stay nice and crunchy!
Calories: 442kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 800mg | Potassium: 467mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 3817IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 148mg | Iron: 3mg