Preheat the Air Fryer to 390°F (200°C).
In a medium mixing bowl, combine cream cheese with garlic powder and cheddar.
In a separate small bowl, combine panko crumbs with melted butter.
Take each jalapeño half, and fill with cream cheese mixture then top with panko breadcrumbs.
Place in the Air Fryer basket, and air fry for 5-6 minutes.
- You can make bacon-wrapped jalapeño poppers by wrapping each with a slice of bacon and secure it with a clean toothpick. If you don't use a toothpick, the bacon will shrink and won't stay wrapped around the popper.
- You can also dice a few slices of bacon, cook them on a skillet and mix them in the cream cheese mixture if you like.
- Adding fresh herbs such as chopped chives or parsley adds flavor to the filling.
- Add grated parmesan cheese to the filling for extra flavor.
- If following a gluten-free diet, use gluten-free panko breadcrumbs.
- There are other alternatives to panko, you can substitute it with crushed chips, or crushed Doritos.
- Make it low-carb and skip the breading.
- Jalapeno poppers can be made in advance and frozen. Cook from frozen but increase the cooking time by 2-3 minutes.
Calories: 110kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 131mg | Potassium: 71mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 465IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 88mg | Iron: 1mg