Prawn Linguine Pasta
This easy prawn linguine pasta is so easy to make and comes together in as little as 20 minutes.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 2 servings
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 5 tbsp dry white wine
- 125 grams linguine pasta
- 200 grams king prawns/shrimps
- 1 red chilli seeded and chopped OR 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes or fresh cherry tomatoes halved
- salt and black pepper
- basil leaves or rosemary sprig optional
- 750 ml Vegetable stock for Instant Pot only
Prawn linguine on the stovetop:
Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
Meanwhile, melt butter in a frying pan and toss garlic with chilli until garlic is fragrant.
Add white wine and cook until reduced by 1/3, about 1 minute.
Add prawns, and cook for a few minutes while stirring regularly until they turn pink.
Add cherry tomatoes, and cook for a couple of more minutes.
Drain pasta, and toss in prawn mixture. Season with salt, black pepper, and rosemary or basil if using. Serve immediately.
Prawn linguine in the Instant Pot
Set your Instant Pot to "Saute medium", melt the butter and saute the garlic and sundried tomatoes. Add wine, and cook until reduced by 1/3.
Add pasta, if it's too long to fit into the pot, then break it in half.
Add frozen shrimps/prawns, vegetable stock and seasoning. Using a spoon mix the ingredients to make sure that all the pasta is covered with liquid.
Close the lid, make sure that your IP is sealed and cook on "high pressure" for 4 minutes for al dente pasta, and for 5 minutes for softer pasta.
Do a quick release and serve.
- If cooking in the Instant Pot, the shrimps must be frozen. As cooking fresh prawns for that long can result in rubbery shrimps.
- If you only have fresh shrimps available, then cook the pasta for 2-3 minutes, then open the pressure cooker after doing a quick release. Add shrimps, then cook for 2 more minutes + QR.
Calories: 222kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 133mg | Sodium: 1167mg | Potassium: 159mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 595IU | Vitamin C: 18.6mg | Calcium: 82mg | Iron: 1.6mg