Instant Pot Fajita Rice
These Instant Pot Fajita rice bowls are so quick to make, filling and full of flavor! They make feeding the family so easy, and will soon become one of your favorite Instant Pot recipes.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 chicken breasts cubed
- 1 red onion diced
- 3 bell peppers red, yellow and green - diced
- 1 tomato diced
- 2 cups long grain rice rinsed
- 6 tbsp fajita seasoning
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 4 tbsp sour cream optional
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese grated - optional
Press on saute for 10 minutes, add the oil and let it heat up.
Add the chicken, and brown it a little.
Move the chicken to one side of the pot, then add the diced onion and bell peppers and cook them for a few minutes.
Add the diced tomatoes but do not cook them.
Rinse the rice until the water runs clear, then add it to the pot. Add the fajita seasoning with the stock and cover the pot with the lid.
Make sure that the valve is set on sealing position. Press on MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK - choose high pressure and cook for 8 minutes.
When the cooking is finished, carefully release the steam (QR). Open the lid, and stir in sour cream if using. You can also add some grated mozzarella cheese, if it's not melting right now, then just cover with the lid and let it stand for 1 minute. Give the rice a quick stir and serve.
- The nutritional facts are rough estimates and are calculated for the fajita rice without any sour cream, cheese or toppings.
- You can use steak instead of chicken. Keep everything the same (saute first, then pressure cook).
- If you like the peppers firm/crunchy, leave them out and only add them after pressure cooking the fajita rice.
Calories: 435kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 67mg | Sodium: 531mg | Potassium: 576mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 2400IU | Vitamin C: 81mg | Calcium: 135mg | Iron: 1.2mg