Instant Pot Vegetable Stock
Instant Pot vegetable stock made in just 45 minutes! Say goodbye to store-bought stocks, and start making your own!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Servings 1 quart
- 4 cups 1 litre Water
- 1 Onion cut in halves, skin left on
- 2 Carrots peeled and chopped in halves
- 2 Celery stalks cut in halves
- 2 Dried bay leaves
- 3 Fresh parsley stems
- 1/4 Fennel bulb or 1 tsp dried fennel seeds
- 10 Whole black peppercorns
Add water to the bottom of the stainless steel pot.
Put all of the ingredients.
Cover with the lid, make sure that the valve is in sealing position.
Click on manual or pressure cooking, then click on high pressure and cook for 5 minutes.
When the cooking ends, let the steam release naturally for 20-25 minutes.
Carefully open the lid, and strain the stock through a fine-mesh sieve and discard vegetables.
Let it cool completely and store in the fridge or freeze.
- To make chicken stock, just add a few chicken wings to the water along with the vegetables and everything else remains the same.
- Note that every 6 cubes are equal to half a cup of stock.
Calories: 110kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 153mg | Potassium: 759mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 20740IU | Vitamin C: 17.8mg | Calcium: 98mg | Iron: 0.6mg