- 2 flatbreads
- 2 tbsp pizza sauce, spaghetti sauce or ketchup
- 1 clove garlic
- 6 tbsp mozarella cheese grated (non dairy cheese if vegan)
- 1/2 bell pepper sliced (optional)
- 6 cherry tomatoes cut in halves (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- basil leaves to garnish (optional)
Take the flatbreads and spread the sauce on them with the back of a spoon. Then crush a clove of garlic and sprinkle it over the sauce or the ketchup. If you're cooking for kids, then you might want to skip this step.
Sprinkle with grated cheese, and your choice of veggies. In this recipe, bell peppers and cherry tomatoes are suggested. You could also add olives, mushrooms, artichokes...
Sprinkle with more grated cheese, then either microwave it for 2 minutes or bake in the oven for 5 minutes. You could also cook this over the grill, just wait for the cheese to melt. Garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve.
Calories: 527kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 1082mg | Potassium: 650mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 3090IU | Vitamin C: 102.3mg | Calcium: 471mg | Iron: 4.1mg