A cold brew coffee bloody mary with a twist!
It’s a wonderful way to start your day, and definitely better than a plain cup of coffee to help you wake up in the morning! Instead of adding vodka to your bloody Mary, this recipe is made with cold brew coffee. Interesting, right? I was a bit skeptical about trying it at first as I’ve never had a coffee tomato juice combination before, but I fell in love with it at the first sip! I love the combination of this virgin day-time cocktail, it’s zingy and spiced up with flavours. It’s basically sweetened with a light sugar syrup, adding lemon juice for extra flavour, and spiced up with ground black pepper, rosemary, and a celery stick. And if you’re feeling a bit adventurous, I would recommend adding a tiny bit of dried red chilli!
For cold brew coffee, I usually just make it at night, and leave it in the fridge overnight to enjoy in the morning. I try to leave it sit there for at least 12 hours. The coffee stays fresh in the fridge for up to 2 days, and what I love about it is that it’s less acidic than normal coffee, more aromatic, and much smoother, plus it’s actually good for you.
Wake Up Mary (A Coffee Bloody Mary)Print Pin Rate
- 75 ml cold brew coffee
- 15 ml lemon juice squeezed
- 75 ml tomato juice
- 15 ml sugar syrup
- Celery rosemary, black pepper (to taste)
- To make the sugar syrup, use the ratio 1 part sugar to 2 parts BRITA filtered water.
- Fill a glass with ice, add the cold brew, lemon juice, tomato juice and the sugar syrup and mix well.
- Add the rosemary and black pepper to taste and garnish with celery.