Easy 6 ingredient no-bake superfood energy balls that can be ready in under 5 minutes…
How’s the new year treating you so far? I’ve been really good this year as I’m making sure that I exercise at least 4 times a week, I’m drinking more water and I’m trying to eat healthier. I was invited to a Yoga class about a week ago in London. I have to be honest, it was my first yoga experience but I fell in love with it! And I actually ended up signing up to yoga classes here in Bristol!
The problem with me last year was that I would eat healthy food and everything, but would snack on sugar-loaded snacks whenever I felt hungry. And to keep up with the new year’s resolutions, I developed this wonderful superfood energy balls recipe that I’ve been dying to share with you!
These energy balls taste like peanut butter oatmeal coconut cookies! They are naturally sweetened as I used pitted dates in the recipe, they are no-bake so no stove or oven required, and they are perfect to have for breakfast, right before a workout, or just to snack on during the day!
Trust me these are much better than chocolate bars and they’re healthier too. These energy balls are vegan and are suitable for those that are following a gluten-free diet. I also created this short video to show you how easy these energy balls are to make.
Superfood Energy Balls
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp peanut butter creamy
- 1/3 cup goji berries
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- Start by placing the oats, the dates and the coconut oil in a food processor. Blend for 1 minute or until a dough like mixture starts forming.
- Add peanut butter, and blend for one more minute.
- Add goji berries and chia seeds, and blend for 15-20 seconds for the berries and seeds to be distributed throughout the mixture.
- Use your hands to roll the mixture into little balls. The energy balls can be consumed at this stage, but I prefer to place them in the fridge to let them harden a little.