My Mum is the person that bakes focaccia in our house, she bakes different kinds of focacciaâ€¦ Onion focaccia, garlic and olives focaccia, rosemary focaccia, herb and tomato focaccia, eggplant and cheese focaccia, cherry almond focaccia, lemon focaccia, honey and berries focaccia, and of course strawberry focaccia. All of these are FANTASTIC, same recipe for all but different toppings! YUM!
This recipe is very simple, requires a little bit of kneading but it is super easy and it won’t take long for you to prepare. I guarantee that you will absolutely love it, we have been baking focaccias all the time last week! And you do not have to tell anybody how easy this was, OR you could brag about it! 😉
- 1/2 kg strawberries
- 175 ml warm water
- 1/2 tsp instant yeast
- 250 grams all purpose flour
- 25 ml olive oil
- 25 grams powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Prepare a round 11 inches greased pan.Â
- Add warm water to yeast and let if stand for a few minutes until it bubbles.
- In a mixing bowl add powdered sugar, flour, and salt.
- Knead the dough and then add oil and knead for 5 more minutes. dough will be sticky to the hands but that's okay. Roll the dough using a rolling pin then transfer into a bowl and cover with a damp cloth and let it rise in a warm place for 45 minutes.
- Move your dough to a greased pan and press your strawberries into the dough. Bake for 40-45 minutes at 180Â°.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve!