Skinny deliciousness packed with nutrition and good stuff!
This simple recipe is one of my all time favourites! As from time to time I feel the need to detox my body from foods like pasta, rice, chocolate, butter, cheese, oils, and sugar. And that’s when I’m reminded that I need to ditch the pizza and the brownies and to start eating more healthy! (But that’s not always possible right? 😆 )
It’s a very healthy version of shrimp scampi, you will love how refreshing and delicious is this dish. It is also super easy to make and is ready in no time.
Skinny Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles
Light and delicious shrimp scampi served over zucchini noodles
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp shelled and deveined
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 medium zucchini cut into noodles
- 1/2 Black pepper
- Add olive oil to a sauté pan and heat it for a minute. Add the garlic and cook for a minute, stirring constantly so it does not burn.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and cook them, stirring as needed, until they are cooked throughout and pink on all sides, about 3 minutes. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and then transfer them to a bowl.
- Increase the heat to medium. Add the lemon juice to the pan and the zucchini noodles and cook, stirring occasionally for 2 minutes. Return the shrimp to the pan and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.