Tender, moist, and chewy red velvet cookies topped with chocolate chips…
My love for red velvet is a very long story. Recently I’ve been obsessed over red velvet cake, red velvet cheesecake, red velvet brownies, red velvet everything! and now, red velvet cookies! As I’ve been testing out lots of red velvet recipes, I could safely say that these red velvet cookies are my favourite. Aren’t they just so pretty? Whoever came up with this whole red velvet story is an absolute genius!
These cookies are not just perfect for Valentine’s Day, but they can make any day special. This is a quick and simple recipe, the cookies taste as good as they look. And these cookies make an ideal gift for Valentine’s Day! Because who doesn’t love red velvet, right? Happy baking!
Red Velvet Chocolate Chip CookiesPrint Pin Rate
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 32 cookies
- 215 grams all-purpose flour
- 25 grams cocoa
- 115 grams unsalted butter
- 130 grams light brown sugar
- 50 grams granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp milk
- 2 tbsp beetroot puree or 2 tsp red food colouring or both
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 90 grams chocolate chips optional
- a pinch of salt
- In a medium bowl cream butter with sugars using a hand mixer. Mix in milk, egg, vanilla and beetroot puree or food colouring or both (depending on how red do you want your cookies to be).
- Using a mixer, mix in baking soda, cocoa, flour, and salt. Add chocolate chips and mix. Cover dough with plastic wrap and chill for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 220°.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Roll dough balls with your hands and place onto prepared tray. Bake for 8-10 minutes. After the cookies come out of the oven, gently press them down with your fingers if they spread. Sprinkle chocolate chips to the top of each cookie, they will melt down into warm cookies. Cool completely and enjoy!
Store cookies in a sealed container in room temperature for up to 1 week.
Calories: 90kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 45mg | Potassium: 26mg | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 105IU | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 0.5mg