A great autumn starter, crispy cauliflower florets covered in pumpkin batter and fried to golden brown…
When I was a kid, I really hated cooked cauliflower. Which is really sad if you think about it, mainly because I never even gave cooked cauliflower a try! I just assumed that I did not like it because of its smell while it was being cooked, so I usually just picked up a raw floret or 2 before my Mum cooked the cauliflower and snacked on them.
I’m in my mid-twenties now, and only recently I started appreciating cooked cauliflower! My Mum finally convinced me to try it, and after I became a food blogger I became more open to trying new foods. And boy, I LOVE cauliflower now!
I love all kinds of vegetable fritters. I grew up eating a lot of fritters as my Russian Mum made them for us all the time.
Fritters can be either shallow fried or deep fried. I prefer shallow frying, but some specific recipes require deep frying such as this pumpkin cauliflower fritters recipe.
PUMPKIN CAULIFLOWER FRITTERS
These vegan fritters are perfect to be served as an appetiser during the pumpkin season. They’re made with very simple ingredients, you will just need a cauliflower head, pumpkin puree, flour and some spices!
The cauliflower head needs to be washed, then cut into small bite-size florets.
Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl, then dip the cauliflower florets in the batter and deep fry in hot oil.
Pumpkin Cauliflower Fritters
Golden crispy pumpkin cauliflower fritters
- 1 cauliflower head
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil for frying
- Wash and cut the cauliflower head into small florets (bites size), in a medium bowl mix all of the ingredients together. The batter shouldn't be too thick or runny so add water accordingly until you reach the right consistency.
Heat oil in a deep pan on medium heat, dip each floret in the batter and fry it until golden brown and crispy.
- Make sure that the heat is not high so that the cauliflower florets cook through and are kind of soft in the inside. Serve immedietly