The best ever pumpkin pie recipe!
Autumn is my favourite season of the year, when leaves turn into beautiful colours and you can easily find fresh pumpkins in the store (I went shopping last saturday and bought a huge pumpkin, sweet potatoes, persimmons, and papaya!) and now you know why Autumn is my favourite season. Because I can create many amazing recipes with ingredients that are available in this season.
Follow this recipe to make the PERFECT pumpkin pie!
This recipe took me by surprise, after testing with so many recipes and ingredients, this one turned out to be the best! I didn’t think that it would be THIS good to be honest, but you will love the smooth texture of this pie. It’s just like a very light version of cheesecake but with spicy pumpkin flavour. And as you can imagine the pie was gone within one hour after I baked it, and we almost had a fight about who will eat the last slice!
I oven roasted a fresh piece of pumpkin for the puree (tastes MUCH better than canned pumpkin), here’s an excellent tutorial for how to oven roast pumpkins for puree.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Servings 12 peoplesPrint Recipe
- 1 Graham crackers pie crust
- 450 g pumpkin pureed
- 300 g condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 5 g vanilla extract
- 100 g sugar
- 2 g salt
- 2 g cloves ground
- 3 g cinnamon ground
- 2 g ginger
- 2 g nutmeg ground
- 65 g flour
- 75 g unsalted butter melted
- 120 g graham cracker crumbs
- 50 g granulated sugar
- For pie crust: melt the butter, then in a medium sized bowl combine graham crackers, melted butter, and sugar; blend. Press into a 22cm pie pan and try to make the crust 1/3 cm evenly all around. Place in refrigerator while preparing the filling.
- Preheat oven to 220c.
- Mix all ingredients in a medium sized bowl until texture is smooth.
- Pour mixture into prepared pie crust and place into oven.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 220c, then lower temperature to 175c and bake for 45 minutes. Check if ready by placing a toothpick in the centre of the pie and it should come out clean, make sure that the filling isn't wet but still moves if jiggled.
- Cool the pie and serve with whipped cream on top.
Calories: 330kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 241mg | Potassium: 269mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 32g | Vitamin A: 3455IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 100mg | Iron: 1.5mg
©LITTLE SUNNY KITCHEN. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any websites or social media is strictly prohibited.