Simple ingredients, simple work, wonderful healthy strawberry jam!
Strawberries are in season here, and me and my Mum bought 2 kilos of strawberries yesterday to make jam. I’m a huge fan of strawberry jam, but what I don’t like about it is by the time you cook the jam, it loses all of the vitamins and the good stuff. (it still tastes great, but this recipe here is even better as you get fresh strawberry jam with all the vitamins in them!!)
This is a super simple recipe, low in sugar and is full of vitamins as you only cook the strawberries over medium heat for 8-10 minutes!!
I could go on and on forever about how amazing is this jam, but I will now give you the recipe! Oh and eating it on perfect croissants is just perfection.
Healthy Ten Minute Strawberry JamPrint Pin Rate
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 kg fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Place the strawberries in a food processor and process until coarsely chopped
- In a sauce pan on medium heat, add the strawberries along with the sugar and lemon juice, and cook while stirring frequently for about 10 minutes.
- When jam thickens transfer to a jar and let it cool to room temperature.
- When jam is cooled, seal and refrigerate for up to 10 days