Moist peanut butter and chocolate cake, topped with silky Marshmallow Fluff frosting and crushed peanut butter cups…
Have you ever had a fluffernutter before?
As a kid, I used to have these lovely sandwiches, they were more like the special occasion kind of sandwiches, more like a treat! And my Mum started making them for us in 1998 after she visited America for the first time, and seriously this was the best sandwich I ever had as a kid!
If you don’t know what a fluffernutter is, it’s a peanut butter and marshmallow fluff sandwich made in toast. But can also be referred to any dessert that’s made with peanut butter and marshmallow. Now, because I LOVE the peanut butter – marshmallow – chocolate combination, and with Thanksgiving fast approaching (26/11) I decided to share with you this lovely cake recipe as this is our my family’s usual dessert for Thanksgiving and everybody loves it!
This cake is very rich and moist, it’s like a huge peanut butter cake topped with fluffy-like-clouds marshmallow fluff frosting. It’s very easy to make, but the end result is very impressive, people will think that you spent ages making this.
This cake is perfect for Thanksgiving, birthdays, special occasions, or just any day!
Now let me tell you more about Marshmallow Fluff, apart from it tasting like heaven, it’s very fluffy, ooey-gooey, and sort of sticky! It comes in 3 different flavours; marshmallow fluff, raspberry fluff, and strawberry fluff. There are many things that you can do with it, I personally don’t mind eating it straight from the jar with a spoon! But you can make sandwiches with it, frost your cakes and cupcakes, make yummy dips, and create different treats! Marshmallow fluff is also suitable for vegetarians as it does not contain gelatine.
If you bake this cake for Thanksgiving, don’t forget to tag your photo on Instagram with the hashtag #LittleSunnyKitchen as I would love to see the lovely treats that you make!
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 2 containers Marshmallow Fluff
- 400 grams cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 chunky peanut butter cups
- In a medium sized mixing bowl beat the sugar and the butter until creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time and beat using a mixer.
- Mix in peanut butter and vanilla extract.
- Add the baking powder and salt, and then add the the flour but in 3 additions and mix until just combined, but do not over mix.
- Add the milk and whisk until just combined. Fold in the chopped chocolate chunks, and the peanuts.
- Grease two 9 inch round spring form pans, divide the batter and spoon each half into one.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out dry.
- To make frosting: Combine all ingredients together and beat using a mixer. Add more powdered sugar if the frosting is too runny.
- When cake is baked, let it chill and then remove from pan. Cut each piece into 2 halves horizontally. Make sure that it's cooled before you start frosting.
- Frost each layer while assembling the cake. And finally decorate with crushed peanut butter cups.
Disclosure: This is a commissioned post. As always all opinions are my own.