Moist and tender homemade cupcakes, frosted with Fentimans lime and jasmine frosting, and decorated with sprinkles!
These cupcakes are one of the best cupcakes I’ve ever made by far! Plus, they’re pretty, they’re decorated with sprinkles, and the frosting is made with Fentimans sparkling lime & jasmine!
After trying these cupcakes, you will never want to buy any ready mixes again. They’re very easy to make, and are made from simple ingredients. Nothing fancy, just pure tasting goodness. I love it when cupcakes are fluffy, tender, and moist, I mean, who likes dry cupcakes?! And the frosting is quite easy, but extremely tasty!
Soft drink maker Fentimans just launched a sparkling lime and jasmine drink. It’s a botanically-brewed drink with lime flower & herbal extracts, and a great alternative for alcoholic drinks. The drink is very refreshing and reminds me of sparkling wine. The best part? It’s 100% natural!
I added Fentimans sparkling lime & jasmine to the frosting, and the result was heavenly! The drink does taste wonderful on it’s own, but adding it to the frosting of the cupcakes made these cupcakes very special.
If you give these Fentimans cupcakes a try, don’t forget to tag your photo on Instagram with the hashtag #LittleSunnyKitchen as I would love to see the lovely treats that you make!
Lime and Jasmine Cupcakes
- 1 cup 200 grams unsalted butter (softened to room temperature)
- 3 1/4 400 grams all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 300 grams granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup 250 ml milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- To make frosting:
- 1 cup unsalted butter 230 grams softened to room temperature
- 5 cups powdered sugar 600 grams
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp Fentimans sparkling lime and jasmine
- In a medium bowl beat the butter with the sugar until fluffy.
- Add in eggs, and salt, and mix well.
- Add sifted flour, baking powder, and mix.
- Add milk, and mix.
- Divide batter over 24 cupcake liners, and bake on 175c for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Allow cupcakes to cool before frosting.
- To make frosting:
- In a medium bowl, beat the butter using a handheld or a stand mixer on medium speed for about 1 minute.
- Switch speed to slow and add in the powdered sugar, followed by heavy cream, and fentimans drink. Beat until combined.
- To decorate these cupcakes I used a Wilton 1M swirl to pipe the frosting.
- Finally, decorate with sprinkles and slices of fresh lime.
Cupcake can be made one day in advance but must be covered and stored at room temperature.
Frosted and unfrosted cupcakes can be frozen, and will stay in the freezer for up to 3 months. They can be thawed overnight in refrigerator.
Disclosure: This recipe is sponsored by Fentimans. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Little Sunny Kitchen happen. All opinions are my own.