Super easy and fun canapés that are perfect for any party!
This week I created some seriously delicious party nibbles by adding some yummy ingredients to Kallø rice and corn cakes. They turned out wonderful and I’m very excited to share the recipes with you! The cakes are minis so they’re just the perfect size to make canapés! Are you hosting a Christmas or a NYE party this year? Then why not try and make these? They’re super easy, delicious, and are ready in no time!
Kallø make 4 different kinds of mini rice & corn snacks, and that includes Belgian milk chocolate, Caramel, Sea salt & vinegar, and Sundried tomato & herbs. I’ve tried all of the flavours, and I gotta be honest with you and say that all of them taste really really good!
One of the recipes that I’m sharing with you today is savoury, and the other one is sweet.
The first one is Grape lily canapés, I got a little bit creative and made some Labaneh and feta balls canapés that look like water lilies! If you don’t know what Labaneh is, it’s cheese made from strained yoghurt. I mixed labaneh with feta cheese, chopped parsley, tabasco sauce, and rolled the mixture into little balls that went on the top of the salt and vinegar Kallø rice and corn snacks, along with some grapes that were cut in the shapes of water lily leaves. These turned out very very delicious, and took less than 20 minutes to prepare 20 canapés.
I also made some sweet canapés using the Kallø Belgian chocolate minis, that were topped with classic marshmallow fluff, strawberries, drizzled with melted chocolate, and sprinkled with some colourful funfetti. Now these taste absolutely amazing, and are definitely liked by everyone!
And the best part is that these canapés are ready in literally minutes! It took me like 10 minutes to make 20 of these canapés!
Easy Party rice cake canapés
Labaneh & Feta canapés
- 20 Kallø rice and corn cakes
- 150 grams Labaneh
- 150 grams fetta cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp tabasco sauce
- ground red chilli
- 10 grapes
- 20 chocolate rice and corn cakes
- 1/3 cup marshmallow fluff
- 10 fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate melted
- Labaneh & feta canapés: In a bowl combine labaneh with feta cheese and chopped parsley, add tabasco sauce, chilli, and salt. Then start rolling out the mixture to create small balls. Take a rice & corn cake, and place a labaneh & feta ball on it. Finally, top with half of a grape that is cut in the form of lily leaves and decorate with fresh parsley.
- Strawberry canapes: Using a tea spoon add a layer of marshmallow fluff to each cake, then top with half of a strawberry. Drizzle with melted chocolate, and finally sprinkle with funfetti or sprinkles.
To find out more about Kallø products, visit their site.
Disclosure: Kallø commissioned this post, but as always all opinions are my own.