Super quick and easy garlic fried rice…
This recipes calls for simple ingredients that you can already find in your kitchen, it takes less than 15 minutes to make, and it tastes way better than the take-out fried rice!
This is my sister’s recipe, ever since she made this for me a few years ago I seriously fell in love with fried rice, plus, who doesn’t love fried rice? I don’t think that many people can resist! It’s packed with veggies, it’s very filling, and you can count this as your main dish instead of just a side. We made this a few days ago, it was gone in no time, and now I can’t wait to make it again! I think that I’ll be making this very often from now on.
I know that you might not consider this very healthy, but come on it’s sort of healthy as it’s packed with a lot of veggies (hello peas, carrots, and corn!), and there are proteins from the eggs! But the most important thing is that it’s really delicious!
I used Thai Jasmine Veetee rice to make this, and ever since I have tried Veetee’s 2 mins heat and eat rice, that’s all of the rice that I’ve been buying, I mean seriously, now you can always find Veetee rice in our house. It’s very convenient as all you have to do is open the pack, microwave it for 2 minutes or heat it on the stove for a couple of minutes and it’s ready to eat.
Plus, fried rice is extremely easy and sorta fun to make! Let’s talk about how to make it: You start by sautéing the crushed garlic cloves, add the rice, season with salt, then add soya sauce. Let the rice warm up then add the veggies and cook for a couple of minutes. Create a well by pushing the rice to the sides, pour the beaten eggs, let the eggs set, then break the eggs up and mix in into the rice. Easy Peasy! Now you can dig in!
You can adapt this recipe to suit the ingredients that you have at home, you can for example add different veggies, or maybe add chicken, beef, or shrimp if you like. It will still taste great!
Easy Garlic Fried RicePrint Pin Rate
- 300 grams Thai Jasmine rice 1 Veetee rice pack
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1-2 tbsp soya sauce
- handful of corn peas, and carrots (frozen or fresh)
- 2 eggs beaten
- a pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp corn oil
- Heat the oil in a wok, sauté the crouched garlic until aromatic but don't burn it.
- Add the rice, and try to break the grains apart using a wooden spoon.
- Cook rice until it's warmed up, then season with salt and add the soya sauce until the rice is well coated. Add the corn, peas, and the carrots. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Create a well in the wok by pushing the rice to the sides, and add the beaten eggs to the centre.
- Let the eggs set, then flip the eggs and start mixing them in into the rice by breaking them up.
- Serve immediately.
Disclosure: This is a commissioned recipe by Veetee. All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.