Juicy double beef burgers made with speciality burgers, corn relish, and melting mozzarella cheese!
I love buying frozen food for 3 reasons. 1) Frozen food is healthier and full of nutrients because it’s frozen while it’s fresh, so to lock the food into it’s best tasting state it’s frozen right after it’s picked (for fruits and veggies) or after the food is prepared 2) Frozen food does not contain sodium as a perservative 3) Frozen foods are easy to prepare, you get to take as much as you need and leave the rest in the freezer until you need it (so you can reduce your food waste!), and you can also easily control the portion size.
In collaboration with Iceland as a part of their #PowerOfFrozen campaign, I created this amazing Wagyu Beef Burger to show my readers how to make a healthy delicious meal from frozen food. Iceland is a very interesting store that offers a wide range of frozen foods, and that includes meats, seafood, soups, grains, veggies, fruits, and even desserts! I was really surprised by the fact that they sell frozen sushi, frozen curly kale (hello morning smoothies!), and frozen soups!
I prefer homemade burgers to eating burgers out. It’s really easy to make a delicious burger at home, that is also healthy and made from fresh healthy ingredients. To make this burger, I used 2 Keize Wagyu Burgers, mozzarella cheese, tomato slices, onion rings, iceberg lettuce, sweet corn relish, and added a table spoon of mayonnaise !
To make corn relish, you need 250 grams corn, 1 chopped shallot, 1 chopped red chilli, 1 tsp corn oil, 50 ml vinegar, 1 tsp powdered sugar, 1/2 tsp mustard powder, and 1/2 tsp salt.
Heat the corn oil in a pan, then sauté the shallot until soft and tender (about 3-4 minutes). Then add the rest of the ingredients and cook for 10 minutes or until the corn is golden. Leave to cool, put in a jar and serve with burgers!
Check out the hashtag #PowerOfFrozen on social media for more ideas on how to create healthy meals from frozen food, and join the conversation!
Double Beef Burger with Corn RelishPrint Pin Rate
- 4 6oz Wagyu beef burgers
- 2 hamburger buns
- 4 mozzarella slices
- 4 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 1 sliced tomato
- 1 small onion sliced
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp corn relish
- 2 tbsp corn oil
- Corn Relish:
- 250 g corn
- 1 chopped shallot
- 1 chopped red chilli
- 1 tsp corn oil
- 50 ml vinegar
- 1 tsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- You can either fry or grill the burgers. If frying, take a frying pan and heat 1 tbsp of oil. Then fry the patties for about 4-5 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. If grilling, just grease the grill with oil, then place the patties in the grill, until cooked to your liking.
- To assemble the burger, cut the burger buns to halves, and spread 1 tbsp of mayonnaise on one half. Then add your hot patty followed by a slice of the mozzarella cheese so it melts, then again one more patty, and again a slice of cheese. Top with lettuce, tomato slices, onion rings, and corn relish.
- To make corn relish:
- Heat the corn oil in a pan, then sauté the shallot until soft and tender (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for 10 minutes or until the corn is golden.
- Leave to cool, put in a jar and serve with burgers!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Iceland. All opinions are my own.