Caramel Pavlova with cream, berries, and créme eggs!
Pavlova is one of my favourite desserts. It’s a meringue based dessert served with cream and fresh fruits. It’s said that this dessert comes from 1920’s and named after a Russian ballerina Anna Pavlova after she visited Australia and New Zealand in 1926.
Creme Egg Caramel Pavlova is usually served during the summer, but can be found at many Australian and New Zealand homes all year round! In our house, we only make it on special occasions (holidays, birthdays, Christmas, New Year, etc…) as the look of this dessert is just spectacular! Moreover, I love how simple and easy to make this recipe is, but the result is always AMAZING! I mean, look how beautiful this dessert is! I baked this today as we celebrated Mum’s birthday (Happy Birthday Mum! <3). So next time I’ll be making this will be on Easter! Another favourite at our home are Meringues with Marmalade and Cream.
The ingredients are quite simple. And the main ingredients are egg whites and granulated sugar. Also, the thing about this recipe is that it needs to stay in the oven for about an hour and a half on a very low temperature. If it’s left on high temperature it will burn, and the inside of the dessert will stay raw.
It’s this time of the year when Creme eggs by Cadbury are filling the shelves, which means that I had to use them in a very special recipe. I chose Pavlova because I thought that I could make a meringue wreath in the shape of nests and put the creme eggs inside. Plus, think about the crispy pavlova nests, filled with fresh cream, berries, and creme eggs! Okay I probably have gone too far with the flavours, but trust me, you will love this creme egg caramel pavlova!
As this Pavlova is very light and fluffy, it would be perfect to have after an Easter indulgent lunch or a weekend brunch!
Egg CrèmeCaramel PavlovaPrint Pin Rate
- 6 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups sugar granulated
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp salted caramel
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- creme eggs
- Preheat oven to 90 degrees.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Beat the egg whites with the sugar for about 7 minutes or until stiff peaks. Mixture should be glossy.
- Add the lemon juice, vanilla extract, caramel, and corn starch. Beat for 1 more minute.
- Transfer mixture to a pipping bag and create a wreath with nests like shape.
- Bake for about an hour and a half.
- When it's baked, leave it in the oven to cool but open the oven a little.
- When it's completely cooled, add the whipping cream, berries, and creme eggs.
The pavlova can be made a couple of days ahead but must be stored in an airtight container.
Add the cream, the fruit, and the creme eggs before serving as decorating ahead of time can break the pavlova.