A healthy and creamy vegetable chowder, aka broccoli potato soup!
I’m such a soup person, I love all kinds of soups! Winter soups, summer soups, vegetable soups, or chicken soups, all of them are good and I don’t mind eating soup everyday, or even having soup as the main dish for lunch or dinner. Oh and before I forget, make sure to check out my Potato Carrot Soup, it’s seriously the best!
Ever since I got my Optiumum ThermoCook I’ve been making a lot of soups, it basically does all the work for me and makes it very easy to make soups. Let me tell you how do I make soups in my Thermocook:
- I peel an onion and throw it in the Thermocook. I choose “Chop” for 10 seconds, and it chops the onion.
- I add a little bit of oil, and choose “sauté” for 5 minutes.
- I add the rest of the veg, and water/bullion, and choose “Quick soup” for 15 minutes. It chops up all of the veg, and cooks the soup for you!
- If I want a puree the soup, I pulse for a minute.
Isn’t that like really easy? You get a delicious warm soup ready in under 25 minutes!
This soup is creamy vegetable chowder, or a creamy broccoli soup with potatoes and carrots. I also sautéed an onion, garlic, added milk, chicken bullion, flour, thyme, ground black pepper, and salt! Oh and topped with a little bit of cheese but this is optional.
What is your favourite soup?
Creamy Vegetable ChowderPrint Pin Rate
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 carrots grated
- 1 potato peeled and cubed
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups chicken bullion
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese grated
- In a large pot, heat oil and sauté the chopped onion along with the carrots but keep stirring as you don't want these burnt. Add the garlic and sauté for 30 more seconds.
- Add potatoes, chicken broth, and season with salt and pepper. Let it boil, then cover with a lid and lower the heat. Cook for about 15 minutes. Add broccoli and cook for 5 more minutes minutes.
- Add milk, flour, and thyme to the soup, let it boil until veggies are soft and tender. Serve warm and top with cheddar cheese if desired.
Disclosure: I am a Froothie ambassador so this post contains affiliate links, if you order a ThermoCook through one of the links above I will receive a small commission that will help me keep blogging. I received this ThermoCook for free to try, but I was not paid by them, and as always all opinions are my own.