The perfect waffles for Valentine’s day!
These are the kind of waffles that you can say “I love you” with. Make these chocolate waffles with ice cream and chocolate syrup for your loved ones, and these will definitely make their day!
You guys know how I’ve been obsessed with waffles lately, and how I’ve been making waffles all the time. I’m now on vacation (in Langkawi, Malaysia. And it’s really beautiful and relaxing here!!) but I still decided to share this wonderful recipe with you. These waffles are very chocolatey, soft and fluffy from the inside and crispy from the outside. You can top them with anything that you like but for this recipe I chose vanilla ice cream scoops, rich chocolate syrup and chopped walnuts!
Ever since Sage Appliances sent me their amazing No-Mess waffle maker, I’ve been making a lot of waffles. Vanilla Waffles, Chocolate Waffles, Breakfast potato egg and cheese waffles, and I will be sharing more waffle recipes with you in the coming weeks. To read my full review of the No-Mess waffle maker, click here.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 2 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda + 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tsp corn oil
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup milk
- Sift all dry ingredients (except for sugar) and set side.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk the sugar with the oil, then mix in the egg.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave, let them chill (they shouldn't be too hot), then mix them in the mixture. Add the milk and mix.
- Combine with the dry ingredients. Batter will be a bit lumpy but that's okay.
- Lightly spray your waffle maker with non-stick spray. And follow manufacturers instructions to make the waffles.
- Let the waffles cool on a wire rack for a few minutes, then top with ice cream, or whipped cream, fresh fruit, jam, condensed milk, etc...