Mouthwatering Chicago style beef burgers served with oat bread buns and golden chips!
For all meat lovers out there, this is the recipe for YOU! These patties are made with lean ground beef mixed with the finest spice mix of freshly ground pepper, paprika, red chilli flakes, cayenne pepper, and fresh Italian seasoning.
For beautiful and perfectly shaped patties, I found this excellent tutorial on savorysweetlife.com, it’s a step by step tutorial on shaping the patties with the help of jar lids to make uniform patties. Your patties should be approximately 1.5cm in thickness if you’re looking to get juicy burgers, and for people that do not like a strong taste of beef, you can add 3 chopped onions and minced garlic with the beef.
Assemble your patties on freshly baked oat bread buns, add a hint of mayonnaise, lettuce, a slice of fat-free cheese, and tomato slices! Serve with freshly fried golden potato chips sprinkled with coarse sea salt. And please make sure to apply the cheese slice directly on your hot patty, it will melt and make it even more delicious! enjoy!
- For the spice mix:
- 3 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- For the beef:
- 500 grams beef mince
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- To make perfect shaped patties, here is an excellent tutorial that you can follow (http://savorysweetlife.com/2010/05/shaping-perfect-hamburger-patties/)
- Combine all the ingredients for the spice mix, and then add the spices to the shaped patties, cover tightly with plastic film and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Heat oil in a medium sized pan and fry your patties on low heat under a lid until they're done.
- Assemble your burgers with bread buns, mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato slices, and cheese or whatever you like. Serve with golden chips and enjoy!