Whoever told you that baking your own bread at home isn’t simple and easy, lied to you. True that picking up a loaf of fresh bread from your local bakery or supermarket is very convenient, but nothing can be more satisfying than working on your own dough on your kitchen counter and then enjoying the rewards of your work! Not only that, but you also will be able to control what sort of ingredients go into your bread, no hidden calories or fats, and definitely no powdered chemicals! Just basic, fresh, healthy ingredients! How satisfying!
Cherry Tomato and Rosemary Focaccia
- cherry tomatoes cut in halves - I used about 12
- rosemary fresh or dried
- 2 shallots
- 175 ml warm water
- 1/2 tsp instant yeast
- 250 grams all purpose flour
- 25 ml olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Add warm water to yeast and sugar and and let it stand in a warm place until it bubbles.
- In a mix bowl mix flour with salt, then add the yeast mixture and knead. Add oil and knead for 5 more minutes. Cover with a damp cloth and let the dough rise until it doubles in size.
- Give it an another knead and then spread on a baking tray with parchment paper, press in the cherry tomatoes, shallots, and sprinkle with rosemary and sea salt.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden on 180Â°c. Enjoy!